RCS announces the TW43 Wi-Fi thermostat

electron

Administrator
Staff member
While I haven't found any official press releases yet, it looks like RCS just announced the availability of a new Wi-Fi thermostat.

TZ43_LO_c.jpg

Features:
  • New All-in-One Design
  • Wi-Fi Enabled Thermostat � iPhone Compatible
  • Compatible with Wi-Fi Networks � Easy Set Up
  • Thermostat Control Program Software Included
  • Standard or Heat Pump HVAC Systems
  • 128x64 Backlit Graphical Display
  • 6 Buttons with On Screen Labels
  • Remote Control of Thermostat Functions
  • Optional Remote Sensors
  • Wall mount or mounts on single-gang junction box

The TW43 is a Wi-Fi enabled wireless digital thermostat, designed to control HVAC systems. The TW43 contains a robust thermostat interface and is designed for use with networked systems where remote monitoring and/or remote control are desired..

HVAC Systems Compatibility:
  • Central HVAC systems or separate heating/cooling systems; can use separate RH/RC transformers (split)
  • Standard gas/electric HVAC Systems: 2-stage heating, 2-stage cooling
  • Heat Pump HVAC Systems: 3-stage heating, 2-stage cooling
  • Fan system: Selectable for gas or electric heat systems
  • Heat Pump Change Over valve (reversing valve): Selectable for change over with heat or change over with cool
  • Emergency Heat: In Heat pump mode, Emergency Heat mode is directly selectable from the thermostat
  • Compressor short cycle protection delay
  • Automatic heating and cooling changeover
  • Fan Cycler feature

I'd have to think it would allow for most of the newer encryption methods. I'm very interested in this, it could be a a great retrofit piece.

I'd have to think it would allow for most of the newer encryption methods. I'm very interested in this, it could be a a great retrofit piece.

Especially for someone that wants to control their thermostat from a non-local location, but doesn't want to spring for an entire automation system. My in-law's have a beach house for example. It would be perfect for them to be able to crank the heat up or air conditioning down before they head to the house. It would be the correct temp before they got there. They could also make sure the temp was set back after a renter left, or even make sure a renter hasn't cranked the air down to 60, etc, etc, etc.

Same application for me . I have found out that these won't be available at retailers like Smarthome in the US until 7-09 . The current choices are the Ecobee and Proliphix units . As both the Ecobee from www.ecobee.com and RCS TW-43 from www.resonsys.com are new ( bugs?) , I am a little apprehensive about using them in weekly rental unit . I am leaning toward the Proliphix because it has an established track record and no extra fees .

Especially for someone that wants to control their thermostat from a non-local location, but doesn't want to spring for an entire automation system. My in-law's have a beach house for example. It would be perfect for them to be able to crank the heat up or air conditioning down before they head to the house. It would be the correct temp before they got there. They could also make sure the temp was set back after a renter left, or even make sure a renter hasn't cranked the air down to 60, etc, etc, etc.

Same application for me . I have found out that these won't be available at retailers like Smarthome in the US until 7-09 . The current choices are the Ecobee and Proliphix units . As both the Ecobee and TW-43 are new ( bugs? , I am a little apprehensive about using them in weekly rental unit . I am leaning toward the Proliphix because it has an established track record and extra fees .
The Proliphix stats are a really good stat with a ton of feedback useful for triggers and such. HomeSeer has a nice plugin for these stats as well so it allows the ability to use the "feedback" in all sorts of events.

While I haven't found any official press releases yet, it looks like RCS just announced the availability of a new Wi-Fi thermostat.

View attachment 2278

Features:
  • New All-in-One Design
  • Wi-Fi Enabled Thermostat � iPhone Compatible
  • Compatible with Wi-Fi Networks � Easy Set Up
  • Thermostat Control Program Software Included
  • Standard or Heat Pump HVAC Systems
  • 128x64 Backlit Graphical Display
  • 6 Buttons with On Screen Labels
  • Remote Control of Thermostat Functions
  • Optional Remote Sensors
  • Wall mount or mounts on single-gang junction box

The TW43 is a Wi-Fi enabled wireless digital thermostat, designed to control HVAC systems. The TW43 contains a robust thermostat interface and is designed for use with networked systems where remote monitoring and/or remote control are desired..

HVAC Systems Compatibility:
  • Central HVAC systems or separate heating/cooling systems; can use separate RH/RC transformers (split)
  • Standard gas/electric HVAC Systems: 2-stage heating, 2-stage cooling
  • Heat Pump HVAC Systems: 3-stage heating, 2-stage cooling
  • Fan system: Selectable for gas or electric heat systems
  • Heat Pump Change Over valve (reversing valve): Selectable for change over with heat or change over with cool
  • Emergency Heat: In Heat pump mode, Emergency Heat mode is directly selectable from the thermostat
  • Compressor short cycle protection delay
  • Automatic heating and cooling changeover
  • Fan Cycler feature

I was haven't been able to find any pricing information yet.

Product details: View attachment 2277
Remote Sensor: View attachment 2276

Wouldn't those remote temp sensors be perfect for the ELK M1 ........can they be intergrated ?

Cheers,

Fleetz

Well, that is a great announcement for those people like a new thing like that a wi fi thermostat. Especially for someone that wants to control their thermostat from a non-local location, but doesn't want to spring for an entire automation system. I think that kind of thermostat is too expensive than the ordinary thermostat.

RCS told me that it will ship to dealers in the last half of 2011, with a maximum MSRP of $299.

Back