Relay "stuck" closed on a ELK-M1XOVR

ctwilliams

I have had my garage doors hooked up to an ELK-M1XOVR using the relays for several months now without problem. However, one of the relays is "stuck" in the closed position. The led next to that relays position on the board is illuminated and will not go off.

I have deleted the rule that uses the output, nothing (to my knowledge) is triggering that output, and I have tried unplugging the board from the data bus hub with no effect on the relay.

I feel like I am missing something easy. Any ideas?

If you checked this already, apologies... but did you go in through a keypad and check the output's status there (menu 1 / 3) and force off if on? maybe it's just out of sync (not sure how it would have gotten there)?

-brad

Goto the keypad menu 1 and select outputs. Key in the output number and by pressing the "#" key you should be able to toggle the relay output on and off. If you cannot toggle the relay with the keypad, the relay driver transistor could be shorted on the relay output board or on the M1.

If you have an extra relay output, switch to it.

Goto the keypad menu 1 and select outputs. Key in the output number and by pressing the "#" key you should be able to toggle the relay output on and off. If you cannot toggle the relay with the keypad, the relay driver transistor could be shorted on the relay output board or on the M1.

If you have an extra relay output, switch to it.

To update....

Thanks for all of the suggestions. I finally I got another chance to look at this and it appears that something is damaged for that relay as Spanky suggested. I have switched to another open relay and have it working again....

CT

Back