Replacement Swtiches

abbachia

Have a OPII that works seamlessly and not looking to change anything out except that I keep adding switches.. It seems that Leviton is not making UPB switches anymore and/or will soon stop.  What other UPB switches will work equally well in their place (equally well i.e. rock solid dependable and easily configured).

Much appreciate the input form the professionals..

I have only used the Simply Automated brand on the recommendation of others here and have had good luck with them. I did have one defective switch of the six installed but they replaced it for no charge.

Mike.

PCS makes directly compatible keypads and dimmers that can be programmed with PC Access like HLC switches. Simply Automated is very hard to get product from anymore so we've stopped recommending them.

When the original owner died, one of the kids took over / moved the company to Arizona and their customer support has been less than stellar. We get order confirmations 3 weeks AFTER the order already arrived in our warehouse and when we were doing direct shipments, almost every single one was incorrect or missing items.

I've also had good luck with the PCS switches, I've found them to be very good quality.  They have a few more config parameters available, via UPStart, then Leviton (for example the sensitivity setting which can help significantly if you have any noise on the line and the brightness of the LED).  PCS has also been active in helping to support omni installs with improvements to upstart software and some how to guides.

The main thing I really miss about the Leviton/HAI switches is the compact size, I don't think any other UPB switch (or even z-wave) had as small a body,  which really helps if you are in a 3 gang or 4 gang box.

Here always had metal boxes / metal conduit in homes.  Initially would trim the metal boxes and or switches.  Over the years went to reducing the footprint by purchased dual load multiple paddle UPB switches.  I had many 3-4-5 way switches here. 

Back