Restructured my UI for CCTV purposes

Rory, I have played with your application in the past. Having only used the demo version, is it possible to start the program, connect to a server and display the user interface without any intervention? Are there any command line switches?

Thanks,

Brian

Hi Brian,

There are no command line switches in the current version, but the new one Im working on is actually an activeX wrapper of the GeoVision activeX. This way I can offer it to developers to be used in other applications, so they dont have to worry about the code to do this and that, as it is already done for them using simpler commands and such. There will ofcourse also be the regular GUI version. Command line switches are a good idea also, for the non developer version, so will look at that when the time comes. The past 3 months have been slow moving on the new version due to other things that came up in my life, but I am back at it now, and I am aiming for a Beta sometime in August/September.

Also, in the current version, it is possible to save a default site, which can have camera amounts of 1-16 (uses the default view for the number of cameras selected), and save a window setting. So this way it starts up automatically and connects without having to select a site. You can also set the quality so that incase it is a slow connection (eg. DSL in the Bahamas!) it will load and view faster. The full manual is located here as well: http://www.bahamassecurity.com/geo/livevue...manual_1103.pdf

There is another app I was working on also, which is designed to be run in a non explorer shell (bblean), and was being designed for output direct to a TV. It would utilize the GeoVision IR Remote, as well as the Windows Virtual keyboard for admin settings. It does work, only was put on hold as I am working on the new LiveVue code, which it is based off.

Any other questions please feel free to ask. :)

Thanks
Rory

Oy, the developer shows up, but after I purchase an AverMedia NV5000.

Well glad to have you here regardless, Rory.

Oy, the developer shows up, but after I purchase an AverMedia NV5000.

Well glad to have you here regardless, Rory.

Sorry, and thanks :)

Yes actually I asked Avermedia before but they said they don't supply an SDK. :lol:
If someone has a link to a browser based demo, perhaps I can see what they have in the way of an ActiveX control though.

Ive also done the I-View PC DVR as well as the Eclipse CCTV DVR, they had very basic features though, and when I came across GeoVision and found out how many functions they give you, I stuck with that. Also the first I used was the GE (Kalatel) DVR ActiveX. There is a link to that free software on my site.

Thanks
Rory

Back