[Review] MicroFlow 2000 automated registers

Another important thing to remember is evaporative cooling (swamp coolers) will only work in minimal humidity (which is why you guys back east don't know what they are). I believe their design will only be able to cool to a 20 degree differential and I THINK that is with humidity conditions around 10 percent. Again, not real sure of these numbers as I haven't messed with these calaculations in a VERY long time.

I think they call them mold machines in the south. We need air conditioners that remove moisture.

A couple of quick questions for an old thread:

Chakara, have you (or anyone else for that matter) installed one of these vent covers properly in existing construction, and if so how did you do all the wiring?

And for Martin, which of the vent covers is this or do you not carry them? I looked at your page and there are 4 different covers listed but none marked as the 2000. If I wanted one to experiment with, which one would I want to be looking at?

Thanks guys

As to the wires, isn't that always the problem? I think it was Martin that talked about tying a balloon to the wire, putting it in the ductwork and turning on the fan to push the wire to the needed vent.

Never tried it myself. For my install it is going to vent into the attic, wiring is simple.....

Now I do have 2 vents where I could see this being of value. I may have to cut into the air distribution source to put in the balloon to try that solution for one of them.

My brilliant builder placed a vent so that when the fan is on it high it blows across the gas stovetop. I love those guys!

That's a good point Chakara, about the wires, and you're right about the balloon trick. I may have to give that a try.

Now then, who wants to explain automatic registers? Are we talking wireless open/close control, local temp sensors on the register to control the register, something else I'm not thinking of?

Oh and Martin, how 'bout carrying them all :p

Back