Rule to turn on output on M1KAM not working

ghurty

I have a M1KAM hooked up to my ELK M1 gold. I have a reader hooked up to the KAM.

The reader works fine, I have a rule disabling the alarm, and it works.

However the rule to turn the output 194 on for 10 seconds does not trigger. I dont hear anything by the KAM, and nothing shows up in the log.

Any suggestions? I know 194 is the right one, as I used the default settings on the KAM.

Thanks

ghurty said:
I have a M1KAM hooked up to my ELK M1 gold. I have a reader hooked up to the KAM.

The reader works fine, I have a rule disabling the alarm, and it works.

However the rule to turn the output 194 on for 10 seconds does not trigger. I dont hear anything by the KAM, and nothing shows up in the log.

Any suggestions? I know 194 is the right one, as I used the default settings on the KAM.

Thanks

The number of the output is determined by the data bus address that you assigned to the m1kam. The default address of the m1kam is 2 which makes it the second keypad type device on the data bus. Make sure that you do not have any other keypad or m1kam  assigned as keypad number 2.

It would help if you could show the rule here.

Mike.

I only have on other keypad (assigned to #1).
The rule I had tried is:
WHENEVER ACCESS ANY KEPYAD IS TRIGGERED
THEN TURN output 194 ON FOR 10 SECS

I dont even see in the log it running the rule.

Its not something with the reader, because this rule does work:
WHENEVER ACCESS ANY KEPYAD IS TRIGGERED
THEN DISARM AREA(s) 1 IMMEDIATELY

Thank you

I don't know if the log has an entry for turning on an output. I use outputs to control overhead garage doors but I trigger them through a task and the task is logged, not the output. I would disconnect wires from the relay and use an ohm meter to see if the relay is switching when the output is turned on. This will determine if the problem is internal to the elk panel/kam or external.

Mike.

Log will not show outputs turning on or off. Easiest would be to connect the peripheral or a DMM and verify the output changes state. Don't forget the DSM and REX inputs need the resistors installed or it won't work properly.

I would triple check your output calculation.   I am also using the KAM and operating a solenoid door jamb release.   In my system it was output 195, not 194.

daurtanyn said:
I would triple check your output calculation.   I am also using the KAM and operating a solenoid door jamb release.   In my system it was output 195, not 194.
It is zone 194 input and 194 output if the m1kam is set to address 2. It is enrolled as a keypad and keypad zones start at 193 for device address 1 and count up from there. The output uses the same number as the zone.

Mike.

Did you ever resolve this?  Same issue for me.  DMM shows that state never changes except when I pull power from the bus which tells me the relay is functioning but something is holding the relay in the energized state when powered.  Searched all over RP to figure out what it might be but can't see anything.

How is the REX connected? If you don't have it strapped out with the EOLR as NC, it's NEVER going to change state. Also make sure the DSM portion is connected or jumped out.

My switch was the wrong state, NO instead of NC.  I was thinking that it would still function in reverse, lock when I pushed the button, unlock when I release the button.  But because of the DHO timer this wasnt happening and my button has a built in timer so I wasnt even able to hold it in for the min. 10 second timer.

Back