Russound forum?

Has anyone thought of starting, or have they started, for that matter, a Russound forum? Would be a perfect topic here, and given Russound's lack of interest in the hobbyist, as well as the availability of cheap Russound hardware on the used market, such as eBay, such a topic may have a wide interest.

Actually, since they now sell Russound hardware on Crutchfield, seems like that's a nod to the hobbyist from Russound.

Yes here have purchased some 4 Russound zoned audio systems new old stock and at a very good price on Ebay over the last few years.

I DIY'd installed my system and a friends; easy peasy stuff. 

I did call Russound for service just to see if they would service my stuff should the need occur and they said yes.  It was a fixed rate whatever the issue was.  I do not recall the price though.

The two most discussed zoned audio systems here are Russound and Nuvo in the home theater section then everything else.

I'm working on a major upgrade for the site, and one of the items on my to do list is creating new/better categories.

The only concern I have is that adding more little subforums might scare some members away, so not sure if I should go the generic 'whole house audio' forum route, or use it as a category with subforums for the major players in this field.

Dan (electron) said:
I'm working on a major upgrade for the site, and one of the items on my to do list is creating new/better categories.

The only concern I have is that adding more little subforums might scare some members away, so not sure if I should go the generic 'whole house audio' forum route, or use it as a category with subforums for the major players in this field.
I hear that. Great site overall, very useful.

Dan (electron) said:

Whole home audio would seem to be the way to go in my book.  Invariably there will be the "which system should I buy" kind of questions, so it's just easier to have it all in one spot.  It's not like we are drowning in Russound or NuVo posts.

I agree that it should be a sub topic called whole home audio.  These days it is much of a want to have.

Back