Satisfaction - Home Automation - Poll

omg never, NEVER give sloop an opening like this

snicker

I am just too stupid. I tried to start a poll on 'How happy you are with your current HA stuff'. Only happy thoughts are allowed.
???

By the way Sloop. Try not to be so polite in your posts (joke). We go back a long way (in cyberspace). I have always enjoyed your comments. Ken

My original thought for this thread was to just ask everyone, how happy they might be with their current HA system?
No bashing other systems would be allowed. Don't know. Maybe it was too complicated for a poll? :)
I had hoped to set up a poll. Oh well.

omg never, NEVER give sloop an opening like this

snicker

Hadn't seen you in so long I thought your house burned down from the craplincs (or you set it on fire to get rid of them) LOL.

On a serious note the waters are safe with UPB come over from the darkside. I have to say I have been very happy with all of the different mfg's of UPB's hardware. Not a single product failure yet (its been years since I converted).

Wow. KenM, sloop and digger in one thread. Been a long time since I saw that.

Guess I am the odd man out. I still use Insteon and in my small setup it is fine for me.
Still a member of the SDK group. Though not much happening there anymore.
I most likely would also have changed protocols if I had not found the Universal Devices ISY99i controller.

Smarthome and Smartlabs seem to be getting better on support. Though the occasional "We never have seen that problem reported before" still happens. The later revision modules also seem more reliable than some of the early revisions.

KenM; I still use InHomeFre and your SetSHPort occasionally to run some tests. My 2414U/S PLCs use to skip a days timing and I believe it was the PLCs problem and not your programming.

Maybe the best way to do this is to actually have a poll where people answer questions. Ask if someone has a particular brand of equipment, if yes, then ask another series of questions. It would give you a way to compare the satisfaction of ELK users to HAI users. Or the satisfaction of different lighting users.

I know you can create online surveys like this using Google Docs/Spreadsheets, but I've never done one.

Back