Sealing holes for wire runs

Thanks all for the feedback. I am pretty sure the foam used in my area is for insulation...not fire control. I will work with the guys during construction to minimize my issues. Unless some local code requires the foam approach, I am thinking that if I fill the hole with insulation and then cap it off with a bit of foam if needed, it will be much easier to remove the foam cap when needed and pull out the insulation. Then when I am done, push the insulation back in and add a new foam cap.

When I asked the question initially, I was curious if there was some neat cap/plug/etc that is available on the market to do the job easily. Apparently not.

Thanks all for the feedback. I am pretty sure the foam used in my area is for insulation...not fire control. I will work with the guys during construction to minimize my issues. Unless some local code requires the foam approach, I am thinking that if I fill the hole with insulation and then cap it off with a bit of foam if needed, it will be much easier to remove the foam cap when needed and pull out the insulation. Then when I am done, push the insulation back in and add a new foam cap.

When I asked the question initially, I was curious if there was some neat cap/plug/etc that is available on the market to do the job easily. Apparently not.

At our work we use some kind of foam pieces that you cram in the hole. If a fire occurs the foam melts and seals the hole. They are easily pulled out to run more cable.

Back