Security Video to HDMI

Gearhead

Hi All -

I want to install a Gefen 8x8 HDMI switching matrix and would like to convert security video to HDMI. I plan to write Elk M1 rules to generate ascii strings to change the switch upon events such as a doorbell input or exterior motion. I would really like to have PiP if possible. At this point, I have not purchased any HDMI equipment or security video and I already have a large M1 infrastructure. My tech expertise is lacking in the video arena.

All inputs appreciated!

Best Regards,

Gearhead

Hi All -

I want to install a Gefen 8x8 HDMI switching matrix and would like to convert security video to HDMI. I plan to write Elk M1 rules to generate ascii strings to change the switch upon events such as a doorbell input or exterior motion. I would really like to have PiP if possible. At this point, I have not purchased any HDMI equipment or security video and I already have a large M1 infrastructure. My tech expertise is lacking in the video arena.

All inputs appreciated!

Best Regards,

Gearhead

Just did an Atlona 8x8 HDMI matrix and used a VGA to HDMI converter to insert the Surveillance video. Nothing to trigger the switch yet so the owner has to manually select the input. Eventually it will be triggered by an Elk.

VGA to HDMI converter: http://sewelldirect.com/ATLONA-VGA-TO-HDMI...ERTERSCALER.asp

Nice find russban, that's the first I've seen with HDMI. I don't think I've heard of Tech Vision. How are their products?

Their DVRs are very good. The are solidly built, lots of features and a 3 year warranty. I like their remote access a lot as it is easy to use and set up, much better than a lot of other brands I've used. The EL-M model with the HDMI output is new so I have not used it yet, (I've used the EL model) but I just spec'd one in a proposal that I am hoping to hear on in the next day or two, so I will try it out then.

Their DVRs are very good. The are solidly built, lots of features and a 3 year warranty. I like their remote access a lot as it is easy to use and set up, much better than a lot of other brands I've used. The EL-M model with the HDMI output is new so I have not used it yet, (I've used the EL model) but I just spec'd one in a proposal that I am hoping to hear on in the next day or two, so I will try it out then.

hey all

I am currently working on a techvison 16 ch El DVR and AI was wondering if anyone had an idea how to bypass the PW login area. I tried to contact techvison and have not received a reply. any help with someone who has worked with the systems in past; DVR unit runs in Linux. I know what happened to the PW. trying to help out freind in LE and he needs my help to extract the data.

thanks all welcome

Back