Sensors and mounting advice

Steve

In this install I am going to be replacing around 14 of the old Ultrak contact/vibe sensors. This is what they look like:

The sensor body is like 2 inches high by 1 inch wide. As you can see they have been mounted either with its stick on tape or that plus silicone. If I replace these with a regular contact, it will be smaller than the existing footprint. The material that remains on the frame is a real pain to get off. Do you have any suggestions to make this easier? Are there any secrets without mucking up the frame?

Or... do you think I'm better off just going over that with like a Sentrol 5415? They are even bigger at like 3" high by 2" wide, but could be mounted over the mess that may be made? As you can see, there are two side by side and I feel that is a waste, as one should really pick up the vibes. They are also $39 vs like $3, so 14 of them add up.

Any advice on how to remove them cleanly for small contacts or another contact that may be in that 2x1" size?

Steve said:
The material that remains on the frame is a real pain to get off. Do you have any suggestions to make this easier? Are there any secrets without mucking up the frame?
WD-40? Windex?

I think I saw a product for removing silicone caulk at Lowes last week. It was in the paint section right next to the caulk. Dunno how well it works, or what it might do to paint though.

Markd

Back