Silver PAC Smart Energy

already asked them for an api and they refuse to provide one. the websites reporting on it state it does report info over wifi so it looks to require some reverse engineering; at least initially until they decide to release one.

i have the feeling they are trying to partner up directly with utility companies or other large smart meter companies. the direct to consumer route is probably an after thought if they didn't get bites from the big boys. this is probably why they are holding out. that or they don't actually have it ready for market yet so they can't price it out publicly.

I spoke with them and got some good info from them. They are planning on publishing an API for it, and I have pricing information. The pricing info is subject to change before it's released. Even though I didn't sign an NDA, I am hesitant to post the pricing information since it's not set in stone yet and I don't want to step on anyone's toes.

This thing is meant to be a home automation controller, not just a thermostat.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/01/15/silvers...is-fall-for-60/ seems someone beat you to the pricing info
this was my reply when asking for an api so like i said above i don't think they know what they are doing yet.

Hi Robert

Thank you for your inquiry. No we do not have an api/sdk for the HVAC unit, however we will have additional applications available.

according to engadget it is packing wifi, zigbee, and zwave so if nothing else i from the zwave perspective anyone doing a zwave app that supports thermostats should be able to handle this puppy.

Back