Premise simple HVAC setback using Schedule/Scene

Motorola Premise
So... I may be lame here but I don't see an easy way to control my HAI Omni stat heatsettemp with a schedule. I'd like to have the schedule set to 70 and when the schedule is off to set back to 63... but come up to temp of 70 if the house shows occupied. I could do this with two schedules but was hoping to keep it simple. Also, can Schedules be brought into a Logic Block?

What am I missing? Also, is there a module to handle this and show in the Auto-Browser? I really don't want the wife and kids in Builder!

Thanks,

Are you using it with an HAI Omni controller?

The Tstat has an internal schedule mode, but I think most people use the occupancy mode when used with a controller.

The automation browser interface does not let you add thermostats to scenes (at least for me). It does for lighting and other things. However, I don't use scenes. It can be made to work, but I don't think anyone else uses scenes that heavily.

Definitely search help for "Comprehensive Example" and go through those as several discuss setting up scheduled activities. You can always add the thermostat onto a schedule, but need to do it in Premise Builder -> Schedule, not internet explorer.

Like everyone else, I just use home occupancy via the "Occupancy Module." Then when the home is unoccupied, thermostats can be set back automatically with a script. You can always do something similar when the alarm system is in away mode, etc...

Yet another method is to use a dawn/dusk logic diagram or a time based logic diagram. Search help for "Time Conditional Example" and then read "Logic" and "Time Conditional Example." This is the easiest option if you don't want to use vbscripts.

Desert_AIP,  thanks but I'd like to keep all the logic (as much as I can) in Premise.

etc6849,  You're always so helpfu.  Thanks!  I thought something strange was happening when I added the tstat to a scene.  But that is really what we should be doing.  Just like a scene for the home theater... start movie, set AV I/O, dim lts, set down tstat.  In that case the scene is controlled by say a macro button.  Could just as easily be triggered by a schedule.

My hope was to have the schedule (set/reset) trigger the scene (set/reset) which either brings the temp to occupied_awake or occupied_asleep.  Unoccupied would be done with Away on Omni.

I'll try a few more approaches. 

I started getting very odd temp readings (300+) for set points within premise (house level) when I had the stat added to a Premise scene.  So I'm back tracking to see at what point this goes wrong.

For now I did add the logic in the PC Access within the Omni panel.  Wife is happier waking up warm.

Back