Simple question about Entry during Stay

RichardU

When I'm armed Away, I get entry delay announcements through Out1. 

When I'm armed Stay, I don't get entry delay announcements through Out1.

I've searched RP2 and can't find a setting for that. Am I missing it or how would I add it with rules?

Thanks, Richard

Entry delay is to give you time to exit the alarmed area without setting off the alarm. When you set the Elk to "Stay" it assumes that you are not leaving the alarmed area so you don't need a delay.

Mike.

Mike, I believe you are describing exit delay. Entry delay means if it is been fully armed and an armed zone is then violated, you have x seconds to turn of the alarm before it triggers. That all works for me, but I am not getting Entry Delay announcements in Armed Stay as I would if it were Armed Away.

Yes I was thinking of exit delay.

I found this in the install manual that may help you concerning stay mode exit and entry.

2) “Leave for Work” or “Pet” feature - When armed in one of the Stay modes a User may press the Exit key to re-start
the exit delay in order to open an exit/entry door and leave for work. The system remains in the Stay mode in case
other family members are still in the house. This can also be used to let a pet outdoors. When the pet is ready to
come back inside the User can press the Exit key again to restart the timer and open the door.

Back