Simpleminded questions about Elk M1XEP

BaduFamily

I have a couple of simple minded questions about the Elk M1XEP.

It's on my net and I'm happily using ElkRP to configurate unto the M1. All good.

I'm coming to conclude that it's not capable of handling more than one connection at a time.

>>> that's my question. Can the Elk M1XEP handle multiple TCP/IP requests in a short time frame?

I'm trying to send a packet from elsewhere for a rule to pick up.

When I do that it seems that the ElkRP drops its connection.

Beyond that I don't actually get the response from the Elk I expect. ( I think this has to do with improper termination of the ASCII string from the sender, but that's a different problem )

I also believe that the XEP is always broadcasting log events. ( I came across this idea from late night web reading. )

Is there some way to connect via a terminal and tail this log? I haven't set up any TCP accounts, but if I need to I will

In my short experience with the device (I just have not had the time to tinker with it as other project/life has gotten in the way) I could only create one connection to the device. I wanted to test from multiple devices but I couldn't get this to work.

I use vb.net for most of my programming and was trying to create my own interface for the Elk. I was trying to monitor the device while other things happen. It seemed to break the connection. I think it's a connect to the device then perform what you need then disconnect.

Also I may be completely wrong as this was just in my initial testing.

ElkRP wants to see an exclusive connection.

When not using ElkRP, I've never had any kind of traffic issue that I've noticed.

If you connect via telnet to the m1xep over port 2101 you will see the broadcast from the M1XEP, this includes responses to requests and zone status updates etc

I agree with the above...

It can handle multiple connections, I have CQC and the ISY connected with permanent sockets and occasionally use eKeypad etc.  

All other socket communication is interrupted if you connect via RP.  If I remember right there is a busy message that goes out on the other socket connections, but a lot of times the other sockets just drop.

Back