Simply Automated Announces Dual Output UPB Dimmer (US22-40)

electron

Administrator
Staff member
I am not sure how I managed to forget posting about this, but SAI released a dual load dimmer switch, allowing you to consolidate switches, while still being able to support the universal faceplate options. Here's the press release:
SAN DIEGO, CA – November 18, 2008 – www.Simply-Automated.com, Simply Automated, an industry leader in home automation lighting and control, announces availability of a new Dual Output, Universal Powerline Bus (UPB) Dimmer-Transceiver Switch Base (model US22-40) with Universal faceplate options to reduce wall-switch clutter and enhance convenience of lighting control and home automation.

Residential lighting is enhanced by turning on one, two, or a group of UPB controlled lights at the push of a button or rocker. The Dual Output, Universal Dimmer makes lighting control more convenient and elegant than ever before. With two 600 Watt outputs, the number of light switches at an entryway, great-room or even bathroom may be reduce by 50%. Instead of having two, four or more light switches stretching across a wall, the home owner can have all the needed lighting controls in half the space.

Simply Automated’s unique universal faceplate technology offers the home owner 13 interchangeable faceplate choice, including single- double-, triple- or four-rocker faceplates, as well as single- or dual-rocker with 4-buttons, 4-button or 8-button faceplates. There are two button styles, thin-bar or oval, with custom button labeling options. All the faceplates are available in 6 standard colors (white, ivory, almond, light almond, brown and black). Fred Kiko, founder and President of Simply Automated, explains “with 13 faceplate options in 6 standard colors, there are now 78 available faceplate options to meet virtually any décor or lighting control needs.”

The Dual Output, Universal Dimmer also includes a timer feature that can help save energy. This makes the Universal dimmer ideal for bathroom applications where lights, fan or even heat lamp controls can be doubled up in one junction box and automatically shut-off at a variety of preset times. For example, each button could have a timer preset, a rocker can have two timer presets and any lighting scene could have its’ own timer preset. Other applications for the Dual Output Dimmer include retrofit replacement of conventional dual toggle switches. Or for homes designed with lighting load control centers, the space required in the load center can be cut in half, reducing the cost of expensive load center cabinets.

About Simply Automated
Simply Automated, an industry leader in home automation and lighting control, offers the broadest, most cost effective, flexible assortment of lighting and home automation products in the marketplace. No new wiring is required, making our products ideal for both new and retrofit construction. An extensive line of ultra-reliable UPB-based control modules, transceiver switches and in-wall controllers allow simple, low cost installations, and provide advanced applications not applicable to RF-based systems. For additional information we invite you to visit www.Simply-Automated.com. Or you can contact us by phone during regular business hours at (800) 630-9234.

I believe Automated Outlet. Check website for pricing.
I use them in the kids room for reading before bedtime. Two click set to timer to 30 minutes to turn off lights.

Scott

I believe Automated Outlet. Check website for pricing.
I use them in the kids room for reading before bedtime. Two click set to timer to 30 minutes to turn off lights.

Scott

Scott I beleive you are confused in the switches... AO has the us11-40, this is the us22-40, DUAL OUTPUT, so you can use it to control 2 different loads, (ex. light and fan) from a single box location independently.

i think the implications of this are pretty great... you can use one of these to replace two switches in a double-gang box, then use the extra space for the multi-button controller of your choice that doesn't control a load (i.e., PCS if you want backlights on the button).

i think the implications of this are pretty great... you can use one of these to replace two switches in a double-gang box, then use the extra space for the multi-button controller of your choice that doesn't control a load (i.e., PCS if you want backlights on the button).

This is exactly the purpose I have for two of these, I was not looking forward to redoing the switch box's in these two rooms and I sure didn't want to go to a triple gang box, just too much. I can hardly wait! :p

Looks like it will be early January before they become 'really' available. I have confirmed this with several people.

They say 600w per load but the heat sink is the same. I wouldn't put more than 300w per in a single box.

Any validation on load capacity?

Called Home Controls today - they said it's $143.50 retail for it and they're taking orders now... but that's their 20% off price (they're doing 20% off retail on all SAI for december only).

or ceiling fans! 1 as relay 1 as dimmer. Haven't found a price yet.

What did you see that made you believe these switches will control a ceiling fan (other than on/off)? Todays ceiling fan motors do not play nice with tradional dimmers. Are these dimmers any different from normal SAI dimmer switches other than they are dual outputs?

I think he was talking about setting up one side as a non-dimming for fan off and on and the other side as a dimmer for the light.

A UPB dimmer specifically for ceiling fans would be a welcome addition though. :D

yup - that's why I said one side as a relay (for the fan) and the dimmer for the light. We pretty much only ever use low speed.

Back