Siren Vs. Speaker

Attempting to setup new M1 system. So my system came with a speaker only, I guess this means that it will not function as a siren out of the box. Do I need to buy something else? A siren driver? A siren? Tried to test my system out with only speaker wired up to output 1, and I got voice commands but no siren when the alarm triggered. So my complete system doesn't make a siren noise?! HELP.

The speaker that came with the M1 system is an indoor only speaker designed to be hooked up to Output 1. You will need to purchase either a siren or a speaker to be hooked up to Output 2. If you use a speaker on Output 2 there is a built in siren driver. As far as no alarm sounds on Output 1 I think you need to check if the alarm timeout isn't set to zero seconds.

Yes, but for real security you want at least one outdoor or outdoor sounding siren/speaker to alert the neighbors.

Attempting to setup new M1 system. So my system came with a speaker only, I guess this means that it will not function as a siren out of the box. Do I need to buy something else? A siren driver? A siren? Tried to test my system out with only speaker wired up to output 1, and I got voice commands but no siren when the alarm triggered. So my complete system doesn't make a siren noise?! HELP.

Rastamonsta, that indoor speaker can wail! I think the siren portion, which comes after the stern male voice warning intruders to "leave immediately" may be interrupted by some other alarm function that is occurring, like an outgoing phone call or listen in feature. I agree you should also have an external siren, but unless you have a really big house, that little speaker should be enough to let intruders know they have tripped the alarm.

The speaker provided with the M1 is an indoor OR outdoor speaker.

The siren sounds come after the alarm voice message: ie: Burglar Voice, Burglar Siren, Burglar Voice, Burglar Siren....
About 10 seconds of each. If using volumn stepping, the volumn will get louder after each cycle of the voice, siren until it reaches the maximum volumn set in the GLOBALS programming.

If you buy a self contained siren (a speaker with the siren driver built in), you can only use it on Output 2 set for voltage output or program a relay contact closure to trigger the siren with Rules.

If you use a speaker for Output 1 and Output 2, the sound will be coordinated with a common siren sound instead of one sound for the inside and another siren sound for the outside on output 2.

Back