SmartHome announces I/O Linc

electron

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like the folks at SmartHome have been busy. They just announced the I/O Linc, an INSTEON compatible device which allows you to control low voltage/contact closure based devices, such as garage doors, sprinklers, etc. The I/O Linc offers 1 input, allowing you to monitor the status of doors, windows and more. It is also X10 compatible, so this could replace the X10 PowerFlash AND X10 Universal Module devices. On paper, this device looks really good. They are now accepting pre-orders, and they are expected to ship around 12/22/2008.

The latest INSTEON plug-in module, I/O Linc, lets you monitor and control any low voltage devices such as alarm sensors, electric door strikes, and contact closures as part of your INSTEON home automation network. With one dry-contact sensor input you can control many INSTEON devices throughout the house. Plus, use the built-in single-pole double-throw (SPDT) switch, connect any low voltage-powered device for continuous or momentary operation. Create your own remote-control door lock using an electric door strike and power supply or use a security sensor turn INSTEON controlled lights on or off. I/O Linc is also backward-compatible with X10.
  • Monitor and control pool valves, electric door strikes, garage doors and more using your INSTEON or X10 network
  • 4 output relay modes allow you to control many different types of devices
  • Control INSTEON lights and appliances using standard sensors
  • Contains 1 sensor input and 1 output relay (NO/NC)
  • Price: $45.99
2450.jpg

Back