SmartHome Lamplinc's dying, need replacement suggestions

PaulH

Of the five Lamplinc modules (2000SLS) I bought only one is still working. Can any one suggest a replacement? The replacements must be plug-in modules with scene capablity. The LampLinc V2 (I have two Model 2456D2 modules that I've never used) look like they would work, but I'm not at all happy with Smarthome products.
This is a small X10 setup less then 10 lamp/appliance modules, should I bite the bullet and upgrade everything?
BTW I'm using SmartHome V.1.x and don't want to upgrade.

Of the five Lamplinc modules (2000SLS) I bought only one is still working. Can any one suggest a replacement? The replacements must be plug-in modules with scene capablity. The LampLinc V2 (I have two Model 2456D2 modules that I've never used) look like they would work, but I'm not at all happy with Smarthome products.
This is a small X10 setup less then 10 lamp/appliance modules, should I bite the bullet and upgrade everything?
BTW I'm using SmartHome V.1.x and don't want to upgrade.
What's wrong with the X10 lamp modules? There are Z-Wave modules which aren't too expensive as far as the newer technology goes or UPB modules but they aren't cheap.

If X-10 is working for you in general and your only issue is lamp modules going bad I would stick with X-10. There are a lot of folks who have moved on to other technologies who would be willing to sell their old lamp modules for cheap. You could easily replace all 5 lamp modules plus have another 5 spares for less then the cost of a couple of upb or ZWave modules.

The newer insteon stuff has gotten more reliable, and SH is honoring their warranties. For SW you could use the FREE InHomFre, or if you need more power, the not-expensive and wonderfully-powerful-and-reliable Powerhome. It all still takes a little patience, but i find things a LOT less painful than my old X10 days
/j

The newer insteon stuff has gotten more reliable, and SH is honoring their warranties. For SW you could use the FREE InHomFre, or if you need more power, the not-expensive and wonderfully-powerful-and-reliable Powerhome. It all still takes a little patience, but i find things a LOT less painful than my old X10 days
/j
These modules are what put me off of SH. I've used PowerHome before and liked it. I have too much custom stuff on HomeSeer to start over now. I'll play around with the two Insteon modules that have been gathering dust, I just need one to work reliablity for now, but I doubt that's going to happen. :blink:

if they're really old - you may be disappointed. but they may still be in warranty (or secret warranty) - can't hurt to call SH

I just spotted these on eBay

Lamplincs on ebay

I dont know the seller but starting bids at 99 cents it might be worth a shot

Not what looking for because:
1.You can buy them NEW for $14.00.
2.They don't have scene capability.
3.And finally I'm trying to get away from SmartHome. IMHO SmartHome makes CRAP!

But thanks for the reply! :)

IMHO SmartHome makes CRAP!

But thanks for the reply! :)

Well I cant agree with you more. I wasted over $4K on their products in about the last 2 years (not quite 2 years) and I had to replace almost every switch 2 or 3 times. Their warranty might as well be written in invisable ink and printed on toilet paper.

No more SH for me. I ripped out half of mine yesterday and replaced it with another product. The other half will be ripped out when I receive the rest of the new devices.

Good Luck!

Back