SmartRemote Kickstarter Live

DavidL

Hi, just received my "15 year" Cocoontech anniversary notification...has it really been that long?
Anyway, here is what's new. Allonis has been developing a handheld remote control for all media and control activities.
Thought some of you might have interest!

Today the remote requires myServer as the processing back end. myServer integrates with HomeAssistant and we could probably be convinced to port the old Homeseer gateway to work in myServer 6 too :) Krumpy is still working with us.

For myServer 5 and MLServer users - this is the best $ way to upgrade your systems. Windows is supported too but we highly recommend changing over to a dedicated Raspberry Pi4 4/8 gig instead. More reliable with less desktop bloat. Windows myServer is a downloadable application. Raspberry Pi support is via a USB image available via Kickstarter. If you want Windows, just purchase the USB image on the Kickstarter and send us a note you really want the Windows download license.

hey David, happy to see you're still around in this space! Good luck with the KickStarter, looks very interesting!

Hi Electron - good to see cocoontech is also still around!! I see some familiar names are still active. Nice!

update: Allonis just developed an integration with the Harmony Hub. So, now any myServer user interface (including the SmartRemote) can control any Hub controlled device or Activity. So, very little effort to reuse your Harmony investment and move onto a new supported platform. So the list of supported devices went WAY up.

From an automation DIY perspective - I have the SmartRemote in my RV controlling Shelly relays. Those relays control the 12 volt lighting circuits and the RV slide motors (walls / rooms move to make the RV larger when parked). The user interface even slides open too to show status of the RV. We are working on CAN connectivity for getting powertrain data into myServer / SmartRemote. I can see the status of the tire temps and pressures now.

Are there still some CQC users on this forum? System still working? I see Dean posted out for someone to take over it's evolution. Hopefully it stays alive. Lots of work there!

I'm sure there are still CQC users out there like myself. Obviously development has come to a screeching halt with Dean's decision to stop developing it. It's been open sourced so someone could continue, but I doubt that will really happen. It's even worse now that Dean shutdown the CQC site and forum due to the high ongoing hosting costs. That took away over a decade of information and resources overnight!

I'm sure there are still CQC users out there like myself. Obviously development has come to a screeching halt with Dean's decision to stop developing it. It's been open sourced so someone could continue, but I doubt that will really happen. It's even worse now that Dean shutdown the CQC site and forum due to the high ongoing hosting costs. That took away over a decade of information and resources overnight!
Ouch, thats a shame. I am sure that makes it much harder to implement stuff when the library has been closed.
I wonder how many people are affected that didn't move to another platform.

Back