Soap - Multi-network Android-based router

BaduFamily said:
G+ meetup?
Does G+ uses hangouts, or just regular chat?

Past chats organized by Electron work perfect. You can save the chat for others to read (non-registered public), avoid the awkward periods when people are thinking about the new question (in comparison to video conference) and better yet, you don't force people to choose between joining a social network or missing the chat. Keeping G+ as a plan B if chat doesn't work is reasonable, however.

damage said:
Yup, just one more reason for my opinion stated earlier in this thread.

I just don't see how a scammer would NOT jump on an opportunity presented in the form of a crowd funded project.  There seems to be no repercussions, no enforcement, and no oversight.

Hmmm, remember that April Fool's post we did on a 'do everything' automation controller several years ago?  Hmmm...(BSR views how to open a KickStarter account)...

Nowadays with connected homes with structured panels, the router is generally out of sight... I've just never seen the point of having it also be a touchscreen (with a tiny screen in a relatively larger package) trying to be everything.

The Soap saga continues.  They have not shown a working final prototype or delivered anything from the Kickstarter campaign and now they have started a Indiegogo campaign for basically the same device.

I'm guessing they are realizing they didn't charge enough for the KS units.  The vast majority of them went for $150 on KS.  They are trying to get $360 to $390 for the same basic unit on Indiegogo.

Back