splicing 18/4 - plumbers burnt through it

Oh man, that's terrible CB. I sure hope it gets fixed to your complete satisfaction. There were a few things I had to be angry about to get fixed in our house, but they are trivial compared to the walls not being true, especially by 2"! The pictures you hang won't even be touching the wall!

Next time, if you have the option, I highly recommend Amish framers. They're like carpentry sherpas. ;)

Oh man, that's terrible CB. I sure hope it gets fixed to your complete satisfaction. There were a few things I had to be angry about to get fixed in our house, but they are trivial compared to the walls not being true, especially by 2"! The pictures you hang won't even be touching the wall!

Next time, if you have the option, I highly recommend Amish framers. They're like carpentry sherpas. ;)

And this is a very reputable builder! I can't believe we're in this mess :(

Man, I hope you manage stress well. Something like that would keep me angry and pre-occupied most of the time. We LOVED our builder and they were also very reputable, so it would have been outright shocking to have had something of that magnitude be discovered in our house, especially if we found out the builder knew about it and tried to cover it up.

;)

good luck on it CB...remember, deep breaths!

I'm having the engineer through the house this coming week, and then meeting with my lawyer...

CB

During the building boom I went to the sales galleries for all of those "pre-construction" houses and picked up the contracts. Great template for a contract with your builder. They cover just about everything since you are buying a house that is not built yet, everything is spec'ed out. Usually a clause about walls being plumb within 0.5" over 6ft, etc. If you have something like that then the builder will be running off to cancun about now.

Back