Spybot Search and Destroy

BraveSirRobbin

I use Sypbot Search and Destroy for checking and removing sypware from my computers. It is free to use, the author does ask for donations if you like the software, but there are no registration or nag screens.

You can download updated "rules" for new spyware and also "immunize" your system so it scans a website for spyware and alerts you of its presence while you browse the internet.

I consider this as important a tool as my antivirus software and routinely use it.

It can be downloaded from a variety of sources, just search for "Spybot Search and Destroy".

Thanks BSR,

I think I have a couple of machines hat the kids use that this might help stop some weird things that happen.....

I remove all of the defaults and haven't had any problems so far.

Yes, this is great when you have kids (I have a 15 year old and a 4.5 year old), no telling what they get into. I know some game sites have spyware so this would be a good thing to have.

According to some reviews I have read in the past it is supposed to be better than Adaware also.

The only thing I don't like about it is that the menu buttons/selections seem confusing in their placement when you first use it.

I think you're right about that skyware. I have a 15 year old too and twin 11 year olds. The twins always go on the stupid neopets.com website. I think it's full of spyware.

S&D is a little confusing at first, but all the defaults work for me and I have never had a problem.

I have been using both Spybot and Adware for some time now. I usually run them at least once a week. Usually run Spybot first, then Adware, and occasionally Adware will find something Spybot missed.

Running Adware first, usually leaves lots of stuff for Spybot to find and clean up.

They're both free, so why not?

I don't want any of that stuff on any of my networked computers.

John

Back