Strange Insteon Turn

If you want to put the ELK into a surgesuppresed outlet on a UPS then it would not be a problem.

If you want to power the ELK with a UPS why not. It will only extend the panels time in a sustained power outage by not reverting to the internal batteries. If you really want to know if there is an AC failure you can monitor it other ways.

If there was an extended blackout ..... more than 24 hours I think it would be benificial to have the alarm functioning if the UPS can hold it for the first 12 hours or so and then the internal batteries another 24. I have mine so I can recharge it off my generator in an extended outage.

Not sure how the NFPA would like that or not.

Hmm, I think I will move it. The UPS is not that great (it is the structured wiring one, and in hind sight the wattage is too low) so it was not to extend the power (I forget the ratings but it would hold less than an hour with minor equipment hooked into it).

I had not thought about it not knowing there was a power outage. I'll see what I have down there, and if there is an outlet that is not backed up on it, since surge suppression is the only thing I want.

Back