Success! Finally! Thanks all!

MRL

It took 3 weeks and a lot of help from the members of this forum as well as Elk to repair my M1XEP after I killed it updating the firmware, and now my Elk M1 / Caddx / ZWave / Ethernet system is totally operational. My last headache was a wired smoke alarm with an internal relay. Thanks to all for helping this first time DIY understand and install a security/automation system. Thanks to Brad Weeks and others at Elk for quickly responding to my problems and guiding my hand. Wow, what an experience seeing it all operational. This is better than sex! Well, maybe not, but it is a close second!
I would recommend the Elk M1 and the Caddx wireless units (I went with the micro window and door units and the wireless motion (pet immune) and wireless smoke detectors) to anyone looking to DIY! With all the help available from this forum and from Elk, you cannot fail! And you will learn how all this works. Priceless!
I intend to document my experience so that someone starting from scratch (as I did) won't be intimidated by the installation guide.
Thanks again to all!

Wow, what an experience seeing it all operational. This is better than sex! Well, maybe not, but it is a close second!

I think that they have some new modules coming out that will help in this area as well.

Congrats on your accomplishment. I had a similar experience yesterday; finished wiring up the smokes, now I too have an integrated smoke & security system.

I'm not yet fully operational, hopefully within 11 days so I can cancel my ADT effective 8/1. It'll probably take me 4 months overall to get this done as i'm running a fully wired system, hopefully one day i'll be as cool as the rest of you guys.

Back