Surveillance CCTV Security DVR Camera Systems

Rupp

Guys,
I have a friend that owns a business and he's wanting 8 cameras installed. I've been looking at the systems on http://www.trannvrs.com and their prices seem outstanding. This generally means the products aren't good and the quality isn't there. Do you guys have any experience with this company? I'm also open to recommendations on good quality systems. The budget is +- $2500

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Guys,
I have a friend that owns a business and he's wanting 8 cameras installed. I've been looking at the systems on http://www.trannvrs.com and their prices seem outstanding. This generally means the products aren't good and the quality isn't there. Do you guys have any experience with this company? I'm also open to recommendations on good quality systems. The budget is +- $2500

milestone systems xprotect is a great product.. I know a 4 cam license is about $500 not sure what the 9 camera runs but it is great software.

I really need to finish that DVR review, but I JUST started catching up with weeks of posts. I'd look at Digital Watchdog, EverFocus, Vitek and Apex. They seem to offer the most bang for the buck when it comes to analog products. You also need to figure out if there are any special requirements, such as mobile client viewer, audio support, etc. Keep in mind you can't just buy 8 cheap cameras and be done with it. You need to carefully plan the installation, spec out the requirements, before even deciding on a camera make/model.

Would love to see that Dan.

I will be in the market for one soon.

Martin recommended a Vitek or Watch Dog. Would love to see a comparison.

Thanks
Ty

The Digimerge DH200 series DVRs are very good also. Easy to set up and use, excellent quality also. They have their own DDNS service and they are compatible with the iPhone, Blackberry and Windows mobile.

Guys,

A friend of mine just became a distributor for them a few months ago. I have not yet used any of their products, but I have not heard any complaints from him. I know he does not personally use any of their DVRs, but I believe he has some of their cameras in use at his company. I will give him a call to get a better opinion for you.

As far as DVRs, I use Bluecherry at my house and business. They sell 4, 8, or 16 channel DVR cards which include their linux based software. Very easy to use and setup. They have a new version of the software coming out next month.

It looks like the Digimerge requires you to use their site if you want mobile access (a big no no IMO).

The BlueCherry solution looks interesting, but requires you to build a PC (similar to the AverMedia NV5000 kit). Version 2 looks promising, hopefully they'll release an appliance (or at least a list of certified hardware).

Well most people will say I am a tad paranoid, but I am not comfortable with the idea of giving servers in South Korea (or anywhere outside the US for that matter) access to my CCTV system.

Well most people will say I am a tad paranoid, but I am not comfortable with the idea of giving servers in South Korea (or anywhere outside the US for that matter) access to my CCTV system.

I don't think that is paranoid - I would not like them to even know I exist, much less other security related information.

Back