Switch recommendation for z-wave

kmckinney

Hello All,
I am a complete newbie here and I am looking at a good switch for a ceiling fan. I have the Intermatic controller and one dimmer switch, however I am pretty sure that I need some sort of relay switch for the fan and Intermatic doesn't seem to offer one. Can someone make some good manufactures that I should research? I don't know who makes the quality components and who makes lower quality items. Thanks for your help.

Hopefully Z-Wave has switches like most UPB switches, where the switch can be programmed to be dimmable or not. Its a great feature. I have 6 ceiling fans with these and they all work great. No hum and no loud "click."

ano said:
Hopefully Z-Wave has switches like most UPB switches, where the switch can be programmed to be dimmable or not. Its a great feature. I have 6 ceiling fans with these and they all work great. No hum and no loud "click."
They don't.

I hope Intermatic puts their outdoor module 'guts' into a wall switch. I use one to control a box fan without any issues or hum. Of course, its still only on/off.

Well guys i am going to try a ACT ZRW153, from what i have read 50/50 for a straight on off type of switch.

Royalj7, the link worked for me yesterday

Back