Thanks for the help....

mikefamig

I've been posting here asking questions for a couple of weeks and I owe you guys a thank you.

I just powered up my new Elk system on the test bench and it went pretty well. I had an output error because I forgot to put a resistor on output 2 and it's squawking about the zones not being programmed but I think that I have everything under control. It's a very simple setup with one keypad, one wired zone, one speaker on output 1 and a wireless transceiver with only one zone.

Next question - when I get it programmed and I test a zone breach, where is the alarm noise going to come from? The lady is speaking in the speaker on output one but is the noise going to come from the same speaker? Do I need to use output two?

Mike.

I'm looking forward to getting familiar with ElkRP and learning about the system's capabilities better. This is very interesting and very cool stuff.

Mike.

I just remembered an earlier posting which answered my question about output 2 and the delay in the sound so ignore that question above. I'll just stick with output 1.

Mike.

Back