Haiku The new product

lupinglade

I can share a bit more info for those interested. The new product is a full home automation solution that does not require the Omni panel, but does integrate with it fully. We support other popular HA protocols/hardware and will be constantly adding more drivers.

Here's what we have so far:

- visual creation of the home's layout, support for very advanced layouts and context-aware navigation
- visual programming as well as advanced programming using JavaScript
- visual scheduling of events/automation
- visual scene creation
- cross-protocol scenes & cross-protocol automation
- notifications support via e-mail, speech, logging and soon push
- HomeKit support, Siri support
- a full web API and an Angular2 UI framework (nearly complete)
- advanced remote-admin capable configuration UI with TLS encryption
- advanced event-based, headless server with event journaling

What we will have soon after the launch of the server product:

- iOS/tvOS/Apple watch UIs
- web-based UI + ability to create your own UIs or theme existing UIs
- additional hardware support via drivers
- and more…

Note: since there are no native UIs available yet besides the admin UI, you would use HomeKit apps to control the new product in the meantime. Native control UIs are coming. The admin UI can also control the entire system, but only from a Mac.

You will need a Mac running 10.12 + supported hardware, such as an Omni/Lumina panel, Insteon, Hue, Nest, Ecobee, Somfy URTSI2. 
More hardware support such as zWave is in the works.

Sounds interesting certainly. Will be interesting to hear how the Mac will connect serial devices. USB adapter?

This sounds ideal. Would also love to help beta test if desired. Very interested in a product that can integrate with HAI as well as Apple products

ano said:
Sounds interesting certainly. Will be interesting to hear how the Mac will connect serial devices. USB adapter?

Yes, a USB to serial adapter works just fine for serial devices.

I'm under NDA as a tester so I can't say much other than the new server is light years ahead of anything HaikuHelper ever brought to the table.

Lupinglade,

This sounds awesome.

If you use it connected to an Omni, Siri can be used?

When will it be available?  I would love to be a beta tester as well.

Thanks,

Jason

Lupinglade, this sounds very exciting! I currently have several iPads wall-mounted and running Haiku. They are not latest gen iPads (they're pre Air / Air 2 hardware). Will the iOS component of the new system require a certain minimum version of the iPad to run and have reasonable performance?

For those of us who have written a fair amount of JS in HH to expand the functionality of our Omni systems, will there be a simple and fairly painless path to moving this code over to the new server product?

I'd also like to add my vote for tight Echo integration. I currently use HUEmulator and OpenHAB 1.x (with the OmniPro binding) to control my Leviton lights, and it works well, but I would love to have Echo voice control over more components in the system, and I've been reluctant to spend time integrating it with HH given the uncertain future of HH. Voice control using an always-on system such as Echo totally changes the entire home automation game.

Finally, I recently added a pool that has a Jandy AquaLink RS system controlling all of the pumps, heaters, valves, lights, etc. AquaLink uses RS-485 to connect everything, and they have a protocol converter module that connects it to your RS-232 computer. I hope to be able to integrate the AquaLink system into my HA environment in the near future. Will your new product make it relatively easy for someone to add something like this to the server?

I'm anxious to see what you've come up with, and if there's an opportunity to be a beta tester, I'm in... even if I have to buy the beta version up front. Thanks!

lupinglade said:
We plan to add support in the future, but this requires a cloud component, which we don't have yet.

I have been toying with this for quite some time now. I think that when you dig into it a little more you will realize that you don't need a cloud component. In fact, I am not sure that I would want one.

I believe that you can use your already required intranet server and using auth would work with Echo. It is actually Echo that needs the cloud.

Just me 2 cents.

Joe

2MuchTech said:
Lupinglade, this sounds very exciting! I currently have several iPads wall-mounted and running Haiku. They are not latest gen iPads (they're pre Air / Air 2 hardware). Will the iOS component of the new system require a certain minimum version of the iPad to run and have reasonable performance?

For those of us who have written a fair amount of JS in HH to expand the functionality of our Omni systems, will there be a simple and fairly painless path to moving this code over to the new server product?

I'd also like to add my vote for tight Echo integration. I currently use HUEmulator and OpenHAB 1.x (with the OmniPro binding) to control my Leviton lights, and it works well, but I would love to have Echo voice control over more components in the system, and I've been reluctant to spend time integrating it with HH given the uncertain future of HH. Voice control using an always-on system such as Echo totally changes the entire home automation game.

Finally, I recently added a pool that has a Jandy AquaLink RS system controlling all of the pumps, heaters, valves, lights, etc. AquaLink uses RS-485 to connect everything, and they have a protocol converter module that connects it to your RS-232 computer. I hope to be able to integrate the AquaLink system into my HA environment in the near future. Will your new product make it relatively easy for someone to add something like this to the server?

I'm anxious to see what you've come up with, and if there's an opportunity to be a beta tester, I'm in... even if I have to buy the beta version up front. Thanks!

I was using the hue emulator. It seemed too limiting, and IMO, un trustworthy. So I was looking for a little more solid solution. I realized that I had a v1 smartthings hub lying around. So I am creating a smart things device and device handler that talks to the HH server. Currently working through some header authorization issues. But making progress.

Joe

Back