TheaterTek 2.3.2 & IP Control

Yes, MLServer (zero client or multiclient versions) or MainLobby Client running on the Theatertek PC will work just fine today. We are looking for other alternatives that are very lightweight as additional options to launch an app on a remote PC. Once TT 2.4 is launched, then IP control can take over from there.

ok, sorry, the napa getaway must have been really good cuz i'm feeling very mentally slow right now.

So all that Cinemar is looking for is a way to do the first startup of TT, which CQC accomplishes by virtue of the app control server?

ok, thought about this some more, got a question. I'm not trying to question anything technical that you're doing, just trying to understand architectural decisions so I can better understand all the products out there.

This may not be doable, but back when I was a DBA [15yrs ago] I had written a set of tools including a "developer request daemon" that performed actions if a developer used the baby client tool I created. Worked pretty well, but it was staggeringly limited functionality.

Instead of relying on a 3rd party piece of software to do stuff like login to windows, why wouldn't you just write a little ML daemon that resided on that client PC, and just did this one thing [i.e., kick off an app]?

IVB, that is what Cinemar calls the MLServer Zero Client application. It is same as the standard MLServer, but is licensed not to accept any client connections and is available at a lower cost. This does much more than just kick off an app. It is part of a truly networked automation control system where you can control hardware on a different part of the LAN just by installing MLServer Zero Client and adding various plugins. Commands can then be routed back and forth to other servers and all clients you choose. Status and control across the LAN.
What I was looking for was an even lighterweight solution to open a file on a second PC. We have the MLWMI plugin which is another great candidate as it allows for PC maintenance and alerts for centralized PC monitoring by a dealer. This too is a little weightier than a base file launch app.
Yes, we could easily build one, be I was looking for a free alternative for Cinemar customers, and other HA enthusiasts. It's just part of the open PC and software that Cinemar subscribes to.

We are currently testing with TheaterTek yet another option that will probably fit the bill.

Here's a glimpse at a scene designed with the latest IP Controllable TheaterTek and MainLobby 3.

We've created a unique progress bar specifically for TheaterTek/Sony Changers that not only shows the progress of the movie but also displays time code that moves with the progress indicator.

IP is awesome.

0019_media.theatertek.600.jpg

Back