Thermostat issues - PCAcess

ckg1999

I have two TZ45 zwave stats, with zwave IDs of 3 (upstairs) and 4 (downstairs).

I have the following programming logic in PCAccess, but when the HAI changes 1 stat, it changes both. Help!

Code:
14. TIMED 10:01 PM MTWTFSS
   THEN Downstairs COOL SETPOINT 69
   THEN Downstairs HEAT SETPOINT 66
15. TIMED 7:01 AM MTWTF--
   THEN Downstairs COOL SETPOINT 72
   THEN Downstairs HEAT SETPOINT 71
16. TIMED 9:01 AM MTWTF--
   THEN Downstairs COOL SETPOINT 76
   THEN Downstairs HEAT SETPOINT 68
17. TIMED 5:01 PM MTWTFSS
   THEN Downstairs HEAT SETPOINT 72
18. TIMED 8:00 AM -----SS
19. TIMED 10:01 AM -----SS
24. WHEN Upstairs hold thermo ON
   THEN Upstairs COOL SETPOINT 80
   THEN Upstairs HEAT SETPOINT 62

I would confirm the node IDs in the thermostats themselves, in PC Access and make sure the configuration in PC Access has been uploaded to the controller.

Next just to confirm the problem if you set the upstairs thermostat cool setpoint to 75 and hold is off then from the console/touch screen you set the downstairs cool setpoint to 69, what happens? What happens if, from the console/touch screen, you set the upstairs thermostat cool setpoint to 71?

Also the Model and firmware revision of your controller, and PC Access version would be helpful.

I would confirm the node IDs in the thermostats themselves, in PC Access and make sure the configuration in PC Access has been uploaded to the controller.

Next just to confirm the problem if you set the upstairs thermostat cool setpoint to 75 and hold is off then from the console/touch screen you set the downstairs cool setpoint to 69, what happens? What happens if, from the console/touch screen, you set the upstairs thermostat cool setpoint to 71?

Also the Model and firmware revision of your controller, and PC Access version would be helpful.

I think I solved the problem - my Upstairs stat was on ESM mode, not RUN and HOLD was on. Could that have caused the problem?

as for Model, version, etc numbers:
Omni IIe 3.10A
PCAccess 3.10.1.655

I think I solved the problem - my Upstairs stat was on ESM mode, not RUN and HOLD was on. Could that have caused the problem?

That was not the problem. The issue still exists - even with resetting the EEPROM and starting from scratch.

Back to my original questions:
- Have you verified the node addresses in the devices and in the controller?
- When you change the cool setpoint on the upstairs unit from the console does it affect the downstairs unit?
- When you change the downstairs cool setpoint from the console does it affect the upstairs?
Answers to these basic questions will help isolate the source of the problem.

Back to my original questions:
- Have you verified the node addresses in the devices and in the controller?
Yes - 3 for Upstairs and 4 for Downstairs

- When you change the cool setpoint on the upstairs unit from the console does it affect the downstairs unit?
It does not.

- When you change the downstairs cool setpoint from the console does it affect the upstairs?
It does not.

Great. This proves that the devices and the Omni are configured correctly, as far as node IDs, and the Omni can control them independently. So on to other possibilities.

First lets look at internal thermostat programming conflicting with Omni control. Usually when the Omni is controlling a thermostat the thermostat's internal programming is disabled so that ti does not do anything except what the Omni or a user tells it to do. No 7-day programming, etc. Please double check and confirm this.

Next I would suspect something in the Omni programming. You listed blocks 14 through 24 but I suspect that there is more automation programming in the controller. I would use the search feature and find all references to the upstairs and downstairs thermostats and carefully check under what circumstances the setpoints are being changed. This can be a tedious process if you have a lot of programming but this is also when these sort of problems occur.

If you need help you might consider posting all of the thermostat related blocks. This includes any blocks that affect the "hold thermo" flag or any other flags/buttons that affect the thermostats. Perhaps a look at the big picture will reveal something.

First lets look at internal thermostat programming conflicting with Omni control. Usually when the Omni is controlling a thermostat the thermostat's internal programming is disabled so that ti does not do anything except what the Omni or a user tells it to do. No 7-day programming, etc. Please double check and confirm this.
Confirmed. No schedule is set and the stat is set to RUN.

Next I would suspect something in the Omni programming. You listed blocks 14 through 24 but I suspect that there is more automation programming in the controller. I would use the search feature and find all references to the upstairs and downstairs thermostats and carefully check under what circumstances the setpoints are being changed. This can be a tedious process if you have a lot of programming but this is also when these sort of problems occur.

Code:
1. TIMED 5:01 PM MTWTFSS
   THEN Downstairs COOL SETPOINT 74
2. TIMED 8:01 AM -----SS
   THEN Downstairs COOL SETPOINT 74
   THEN Downstairs HEAT SETPOINT 70
3. TIMED 10:01 AM -----SS
4. TIMED 7:01 AM MTWTF--
   THEN Downstairs HEAT SETPOINT 70
5. TIMED 9:01 AM MTWTF--
   THEN Downstairs COOL SETPOINT 77
6. TIMED 9:01 PM MTWTFSS
   THEN Downstairs COOL SETPOINT 69
   THEN Downstairs HEAT SETPOINT 65
That is the ONLY mention of a thermostat, including flags. I cleared out ALL mentions of the stat last night and input the new times, etc to see if it made a difference. It did not. Both Stats were set at 72 at 7:02a.

Back