Thinking of moving to Elk M1G

justonemore

Almost finished with a nasty divorce, been out of that house for almost 2 yrs. Almost all of my X10 devices were left in place. Just recently Got a couple Z-Wave devices and the Z-USB stick to interact with HS.

Talked to Martin at AutomatedOutlet for awhile today about the elk. Man...... Just looking for that right push. I guess I could do w/out HS (unless I wanted to play for plugin). I could dump the 15 or so DS10A's and the dozen or so motion sensors. Martin said he might take the Z stuff in trade.

Would love to hear some encouraging elk stories.

Will be lurking around the site doing some research to get me back in the game after so long.

TIA

Billy

Almost finished with a nasty divorce, been out of that house for almost 2 yrs. Almost all of my X10 devices were left in place. Just recently Got a couple Z-Wave devices and the Z-USB stick to interact with HS.

Talked to Martin at AutomatedOutlet for awhile today about the elk. Man...... Just looking for that right push. I guess I could do w/out HS (unless I wanted to play for plugin). I could dump the 15 or so DS10A's and the dozen or so motion sensors. Martin said he might take the Z stuff in trade.

Would love to hear some encouraging elk stories.

Will be lurking around the site doing some research to get me back in the game after so long.

TIA

Billy

Hey, welcome back!

I installed the Elk for my friend and I really like it vs. my old Caddx system. What version of HomeSeer are you using? I thought that Mark's original plugin for the Elk (both versions) was free.

Again, glad your back... :D

BSR

Don't think, just do it!

Ok, if you insist, there are 7,438 threads here on how great Elk is.

Talked it over with the new Mrs and am pretty much a go after the holidays (after the kids finish draining my wallet dry)

Thanks guys

Don't think, just do it!

Ok, if you insist, there are 7,438 threads here on how great Elk is.

Er, make that 7,439 now....

Be warned, though, you will get to know Martin/AutomatedOutlet quite well... And his site will even tell you your total spend to date...

My new woman is VERY cool with my tech stuff. She herself is in IT. Martin and I already know eachother. Not new to HA, just ELK.

Lots of research to do yet.

Back