TI CC2650STK IOT Smart Sensor Tag

vc1234 said:
I think it's quite good in comparison to my case where the battery went flat after only 2 weeks.  I kept reconnecting every minute to read the sensors.
So, finally, had time to implement a ST based eddystone with temp and humidity advertising so it would be compatible with my eddystone temp only sensors.

Not being impressed with the battery life at all, I have measured energy consumption with an external battery,  100ohm shunt and a scope.  It turns out that with my ST I have a constant  base of 1 mA draw which means that a CR2032 will last less than two weeks (240mAh / 24 = 10 days).  Hoping that I missed smth with power management,  I re-flashed the standard ST2 firmware and observed the same 1mA constant draw, even when the sensortag is "sleeping". 

Not sure what to do next. There is some info on TI forums that a defective TEMP07 (I believe mine is since its temp readings are incorrect) may cause excessive current draw.  I may try and de-solder it as some folks did.  Also, noticed that when the battery level is below 78-79%, the humidity sensor stops working.

vc1234 said:
sure what to do next. There is some info on TI forums that a defective TEMP07 (I believe mine is since its temp readings are incorrect) may cause excessive current draw.  I may try and de-solder it as some folks did.  Also, noticed that when the battery level is below 78-79%, the humidity sensor stops working.

De-soldered the little bugger, and the current draw fell from 1ma to about 8uA. So, it was broken from the very beginning.  Interestingly, reading the tmp007 sensor  from the I2C bus  returned 'success',  but as I mentioned previously, the result was always 0x8001 for the object temperature.

vc1234 said:
noticed that when the battery level is below 78-79%, the humidity sensor stops working.

According to the datasheet, the minimum voltage is 2v7.  What it means in practical terms is that the sensor cannot be used if the battery level is below 80%, just as I observed (there is no voltage regulator on the sensortag to maintain 3V).

Back