Tis the season ...

I feel for you Dan. I was looking at the radar yesterday and saw those lake effect snows and was wondering if it was snowing there. It would seem that a driveway heating system could be installed (during construction of course) to keep the snow melted. I would imagine it would puddle up when the snow gets deep though. How cold does it get there?

The coldest it has been last year was around -32F with windchill, but that's really extreme, usually it's single digits once the winter really starts. Right now isn't bad (I am not wearing my jacket yet), and I believe we might hit 55 this Wednesday. This is more like a sneak preview. As for the driveway, only the first layer has been put down, is it too late? How much do those systems go for?

I wish it would snow 3" here. In maryland 3" would shut down the whole state :blink: I could use a day off work!

E, here is how you fix your problem; move to Las Vegas (refer to current weather screen shot below)! :blink:

I have a house picked out for you and the Mrs! :)

BSR

Attachments

• lvweather.jpg
    lvweather.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 14
Thanks for the info Rupp, looks pretty cool.

BSR, got any pictures of the house ? :blink: But from what I hear, you can't water your lawn or wash your car during certain warm conditions due to LV having water supply problems. I just spent 4 hours washing and waxing my John Deere (took it all apart), I wouldn't know what to do without water lol.

Our cars never get dirty here so no need. As far as the tractor, you will not need that here!

In extreme cases where your car might get dirty in the summer, we wash them with Diet Coke!

BraveSirRobbin said:
E, here is how you fix your problem; move to Las Vegas (refer to current weather screen shot below)! :blink:

I have a house picked out for you and the Mrs! :)

BSR
I've been to Vegas in the dead of July. Between the blistering heat of daylight and sauna conditions at night, I don't know how you people go outside.

Back