Touchscreen for $75!!!

JohnWPB

I just ran across this on Ebay. It looks like a VERY nice monitor for the price! Would be great to mount flush mount in a wall for HA control. Looks like there are 4 of them available.

Check it out here

JohnWPB said:
I just ran across this on Ebay. It looks like a VERY nice monitor for the price! Would be great to mount flush mount in a wall for HA control. Looks like there are 4 of them available.

Check it out here
It does look very promising, but make sure to read the fine print, "This auction is for the screen only. To hook it up you may need a lcd controller, inverter, and a touchscreen controller, depending on your level of technical skill.".

Cheers,
Ed T.

Hehe, if it's not the fine print, it's usually the shipping and handling charges... ;)
Actually, that's pretty important fine-print and should most definitely be more prominently displayed in his auction.

Have you looked at the Lilliput TS monitors? They're big in carputer applications. Seems to me that you'd be able to ditch the housing and have a nice, bite-sized, flush-mountable TS monitor.

eBay has 'em for about $250 new - eBay Lilliput

Or check out Lilliput's website directly.

Also, check out this thread.

Cheers,
Ed T.

Aarrgghhh

Well.. if it ain't the fine print that always gets ya...

reminds me of rebates :p

Edit: Hit Delete by accident... man, I woke up way too early ;)

electron said:
That auction is very deceiving!

BTW, Lactoso, welcome to CocoonTech!
Thanks for the welcome! I have been searching for CocoonTech for years now. I had just about given up hope on finding a resource such as this. Although my Google-Fu is very strong, CocoonTech never came up during searches. Instead I just found a couple of promising DIY accounts mixed in with a bunch of lame advertising sites and X-10 vendors.

I am currently busy catching up on all the past posts. Excellent stuff!! It's great to see a bunch of things I had only hoped were possible, actually being done (and with detailed how-to's to boot!).

I'm afraid this doesn't bode well for my checkbook... :)

Cheers,
Ed T.

Back