Trouble with Port forwarding Cameras/ HAI DVR

m8electric

I have a HAI panel with HAI DVR & (4) speco outdoor cameras. My system uses a linksys WRT600N router with static IP from ISP. I set up port range forwarding for the HAI panel & DVR for remote access. I am able to remote access the HAI Panel but not the DVR, The dvr uses port 4040(I also tried port 80) & the streaming video uses 7011-7020 both are assigned to 192.168.1.146. The ISP has no blocks on any of my service and I have shut off all firewalls. Can someone please help as tech support from Linksys, HAI, & comcast are of no help. ;)

Please excuse my ignorance, because I know nothing of the HAI system. So this may be a stupid question: Are you saying you have two devices - the Panel and the DVR, and they are both assigned the same IP address?

Please excuse my ignorance, because I know nothing of the HAI system. So this may be a stupid question: Are you saying you have two devices - the Panel and the DVR, and they are both assigned the same IP address?

I have (2) Devices, the HAI panel IP=192.168.1.136:4369 and the DVR ip= 192.168.1.146:4040 streaming vid= port7011-7020 (necessary for video overlay). Sorry, I should have been more clear.

most dvr are activex based and require IE as a browser. are you using IE (not firefox, opera, etc.)? also, you will have to install the activex component if this is true. it may be corrupted on install so try deleting it if it's already installed and try again.

looking at hai doc for their network video server (cannot find a dvr) the streaming ports are default:
"When changing ‘Http Port’ or ‘Streaming Port’, it is necessary to restart the Unit by clicking ‘Restart the server’. The value of ‘Streaming Port’ has to be set with a modulo of 10 plus 1 (e.g. 7011, 7021, 7031, etc.)."

Also, it is activex based meaning you are sol with any browser other than IE.

The webserver port is default to 80 but many isp block this port so you will need to change to something else like 8081 or something.

Figured out the problem. It took a Linksys router with Qos service. We had to put the DVR as a high rank on the priority list after 3 routers and many calls to the ISP provider, system solved.

Figured out the problem. It took a Linksys router with Qos service. We had to put the DVR as a high rank on the priority list after 3 routers and many calls to the ISP provider, system solved.

M8, I have a problem close to yours. Mine is with an Axis video server though. If you don't mind, can you please explain in detail how you got it going. My setup is simple(I thought), ISP cable router, Netgear router, & Axis video server. Seems simple to me, I used to be able to access it. Now even experts have questions as to why it does't work. Any advise or insite would be great :mellow:

Thanks,

Mike

Back