Two UPB issues

LightenUP

So as the description says I had a controller in the Master bedroom with a Samsung Either plasma or LCD (not sure :( ).
The controller was affected by the TV to not be able to turn three units on. I moved the timer to the laundry and found undercabinet kichen lights were also causing noise so I phased the laundry breaker to the three already installed units and the noise was no longer an issue. However the customer wants it back in her room so the only solution I could think of was to filter that SAMSUNG tv with an x-10 plug in. I'll report later if she chooses to go with that solution uless she doesn't mind the controller staying in the laundry.

Also on another occasion I learned that if in the master bedroom they wanted a switch it was imperative to make sure to pic the correct neutral or the Arc Fault breaker would trip. I thought a neutral was all the same but apparently not.

Have any of you experienced theses issues.

I know some TV's will interfere and it seems to go model by model as opposed to brand. Low voltage under-counter lighting can also be a problem, depending on what transformer is used. TV's, there isn't much you can do about until a problem arises. What i do is spec a couple of filters into the job from the start so i have a couple on hand. Low voltage lighting be it under-counter or outdoor or whatever i just filter as part of the job from the get go. I don't wait to see if it'll need it. Some of those low voltage power supplies, depending on make and model can give any power-line device fits.

So as the description says I had a controller in the Master bedroom with a Samsung Either plasma or LCD (not sure :( ).
The controller was affected by the TV to not be able to turn three units on. I moved the timer to the laundry and found undercabinet kichen lights were also causing noise so I phased the laundry breaker to the three already installed units and the noise was no longer an issue. However the customer wants it back in her room so the only solution I could think of was to filter that SAMSUNG tv with an x-10 plug in. I'll report later if she chooses to go with that solution uless she doesn't mind the controller staying in the laundry.

Also on another occasion I learned that if in the master bedroom they wanted a switch it was imperative to make sure to pic the correct neutral or the Arc Fault breaker would trip. I thought a neutral was all the same but apparently not.

Have any of you experienced theses issues.

Since it's too raining to install lights today, I'll try to comment on this one.

We have had two issues with Flatpanels: one is the attenuation of the signal due to the power supply conditioning traits of flat panels and the second is noise, both have been issues can be resolved with SA or PCS filters. There was one flat panel that had a dimmer on the same circuit for riser lights in a theater all supplied by an rack mounted power conditioner, that job required pulling another circuit to the dimmer since the conditioner could actually clean all signals from the whole circuit (about 50 feet).

Remember all current flow must remain in the circuit to not fault: The neutral goes back to the breaker first and then to the neutral bar so that if John Doe becomes part of the path then the circuit faults. What ever current flows out must come back.

Back