• You've been granted Beta access to this site, allowing you to explore some of the new features while they're still under construction. More information can be found in the Beta forum.

UPB / Elk Status Issue Solved!

RandyKnight

Active Member
I've been trying for the past week or so to figure out a reliable way to have the M1 know the accurate status of UPB devices, even if the status was changed via a link (a documented limitation of the M1 right now). Several have proposed workarounds but they all seemed pretty kludgy to me.

Anyway, I came up with my own workaround that others may be interested in. I started playing with electron's myElk HomeSeer script for some other purposes and quickly realized it could solve my problem. I've now got HomeSeer updating the Elk status for devices when it (HomeSeer) detects a change. HomeSeer has the ability to detect changes even via links so this works great.
 
Top