UPB Questions and Clarifications

I don't think me or my wife is in denial as mentioned, it simply just not bother us if it takes 3/4 second for the light to turn on. I really don't care about guests 'figuring it out' either, so again, it is a totally personally choice. But, I think that is all water under the bridge now anyway as all of the manufacturers now support lower delay times. Lets put this in perspective - has there been a single person complain about the delay on an Insteon switch? I've never heard of one. IIRC, the delay in an Insteon switch is around 300ms. The newer UPB switches can be configured at least down to 300ms. Since that is basically the same as Insteon, then it seems to me most people would not complain about UPB delay any more. And I would give Martin a call if you are seriously interested in swapping out your stuff for UPB. I'm sure he can work something out with you.

I think the point is people that don't live in the house having an issue. If you use it everyday you (and your wife) get used to it. I haven't taken the UPB plunge yet, but I have 12 insteon switches which have one foot out the door, and had a house full of X10 and Smartlinc 1's and I have yet to see an automation switch my friends didn't have trouble with. They just aren't used to them, which, IMHO is their problem :).

Ross,

I sent you an email yesterday in response to yours.

1 - That $400 issue is a non issue per the email.

2 - Like I have told many other people on this board, if you don't like the UPB for any reason, I'll take it back

3 - We are actually running a sale on the SA devices right now. It hasn't been advertised because it's a show special for next week's EhExpo show. The sale is take an extra 20% off on all SA devices through 11/12. The discount code (which is already active) is "ehexpo07". This discount code is good for all customers - both retail and dealer. As a matter of fact, we gave this discount to a Cocooner that ordered yesterday. This sale won't be advertised anywhere else except the show.

Edit: - Corrected with right discount code. Discount code should have read - "ehexpo07"

3 - We are actually running a sale on the SA devices right now. It hasn't been advertised because it's a show special for next week's EhExpo show. The sale is take an extra 20% off on all SA devices through 11/12. The discount code (which is already active) is "exexpo07". This discount code is good for all customers - both retail and dealer. As a matter of fact, we gave this discount to a Cocooner that ordered yesterday. This sale won't be advertised anywhere else except the show.

Martin, You are da man. I will have my checkbook in hand when I arrive at EHX. Thanks

Ross,

I sent you an email yesterday in response to yours.

1 - That $400 issue is a non issue per the email.

2 - Like I have told many other people on this board, if you don't like the UPB for any reason, I'll take it back

Martin,

Thanks! Either option makes a test worthwhile. Both makes it a no-brainer! My order is forthcoming...

RM

Back