UV Calibration/offset?

periklast

I've just received an 1wire UV sensor from Hobby Boards. I installed this and see the UVI isn't calibrated:
* At night, I have an UVI of 0.4-0.6
* In the morning, at sunrise, the UVI increase relatively fast to more then 1.
* In full sun, I receive sometimes more then 7UVI while the max today is around 3.5UVI (Live in Belgium, 51°N)

Does anyone has a function to calculate the right UVI? Now it's useless offcourse.

It is not unusual to see some very small reading even at night.

Did you purchase a case with the unit? If not then you will need turn case compensation off on the device. The command is 0x27 and you can read more about it in the manual.

If you do have it in one of our cases and you are sure that 3.5 was the actual UVI and not just the forecasted level then you may have a bad sensor. If you contact us at [email protected] then we can get you taken care of.

Eric

It is not unusual to see some very small reading even at night.

Did you purchase a case with the unit? If not then you will need turn case compensation off on the device. The command is 0x27 and you can read more about it in the manual.

If you do have it in one of our cases and you are sure that 3.5 was the actual UVI and not just the forecasted level then you may have a bad sensor. If you contact us at [email protected] then we can get you taken care of.

Eric
Thanks. I purchase a HB-case with my HB-UV board. Definitely, we have no UV-strength of 7 at this time of the year, even in summer it is hard to get such a UVI. I will test it tomorrow and else I send a mail to hobby-boards.

Back