Very confused with thermostats

standon

So I have been trying to figure out thermostats for a while, but I really have no idea even what the terms are with regard to HVAC so it's been a steep uphill climb. It looks like my local Radio Shack has the Trane Remote Energy Management Thermostat in stock but I have no idea if it will fit my needs. I basically have a question about every aspect of our system, lol.

1. We have 2 stage variable speed gas furnaces and 2 stage (Trane XV90) and 2 stage variable speed air conditioners (Trane XL19i).
2. We also have a Trane CleanEffects whole house air filtration system along with and and ERV (Trane FreshEffects).
3. In addition to that we have a TZ-4 Total Zone Control Panel from Honeywell.
4. Also, I use UPB lighting, from what I understand I can mix with Z-Wave thermostats and there will be no issue, just need to buy another thermostat interface for the elk right?

We currently have these Honeywell thermostats ([font="Arial][size="2"]Honeywell RTH8500D 7-Day Touchscreen Programmable Thermostat).[/size][/font]

Maybe our HVAC is too complicated and we should wait for the ComfortLinkII thermostats to come out? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Back