Vizia rf + (plus)?

mike_r

I got my new worthingon 2008 catalog today and they have leviton Vizia rf+ (plus) switches listed. Anybody know anything about these? I don't see anything on levitons web page. It looks like the big difference is a horizontal brightness indicator and dim / bright bar ON the paddle. It also looks like they have label kits for the vizia rf+ scene and zone controllers. I hope these fit my old non-plus controllers.

Mike

I got my new worthingon 2008 catalog today and they have leviton Vizia rf+ (plus) switches listed. Anybody know anything about these? I don't see anything on levitons web page. It looks like the big difference is a horizontal brightness indicator and dim / bright bar ON the paddle. It also looks like they have label kits for the vizia rf+ scene and zone controllers. I hope these fit my old non-plus controllers.

Mike

Yup,
it's also in the new HomeControls catalog p13
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&ct=res&...k9nmN8JgG-mi0hQ
(sorry for the google link)

The dimmers are different (look ugly if you ask me, although moving the on/off LED to the top is probably a good idea as I can't see it in the current one - I uess it was designed for short people).
I can't find new features on the switch. The dimmers seem to have a few:
- More fade rate combos
- Energy save mode (?)
- Preset on level
- There is a fan speed controller!

The remotes, 4-button controllers and plugins seem to be the same old, although the 4-button controllers say "New product!". The "label kit with LED locator" is certainly a new product (and the color change kit if they actually ever get to produce them), but the controllers themselves look identical.

Laurent

If you look closely at the scene/zone controllers, the new ones are a little wider and the LED has been moved on the scene controller.

Why oh Why... I really like the ViziaRF switches but those (plus) are ugly IMO. Why would the not concentrate their efforts on their current line? I'd like to see a better looking multibutton scence/zone controller and I'd also like to see something similar to their VZ00R-1L Lighting Matching switch that actually works with ViziaRF. *sigh*

Did anybody see in the new Worthington catalog, the new Fan control switch. I wonder if they are on the market yet?

- Mike

Hmm,
what would be different in the new 4-button controllers, though? Different Zensys chip? But I don't see new functionality.

Yep, not very aesthetically pleasing like the current line. But I do agree that the on/off led is in a bad position in the current line since you can't see it when you are standing close to the switch.

Can you still get the old style? Did they have to change the design because of the lawsuit w\Lutron?

- Mike

They settled with Lutron back in November. Terms were sealed, but I would guess some sort of licensing arangement. So probably not.

While the Vizia RF+ is shown in several catalogs, our Leviton rep informs us that it will not be in the channel till early June. Worthington told us early May, but the rep's date may be more accurate.

Of interest to us was the news that a USB thumb drive controller to allow programming a Vizia RF system with a laptop is also targeted for release by summer. Leviton is also planning on releasing a wireless keyfob like the current Wayne Dalton product.

Leviton was showing the current Vizia RF design at EH Expo. For those who prefer the current styling I suspect it will be available through distribution for some time. In addition to what others have mentioned the new Vizia RF+ dimmers are supposed to have a thinner profile to help with crowded gang boxes.

Anyone know how the integrated IR port works? Is it just for lighting or possibly controlling other components?

the ir port is to:
• IR Remote (Cat. No. RZMR1, available separately) can
interact with a Vizia-RF 4-Scene Controller to turn
ON/OFF/DIM/BRIGHT the four programmed “scenes”

since i have associated outlets to a button on leviton zone controllers i assume the scene controllers are the same and will take z-wave modules.

not sure why you wouldn't just use the z-wave remote except for maybe a/v situations/remotes. i.e. theater room with an IR/non z-wave based remote. maybe you have different lighting setups in the room: normal lighting, track lighting, trail lights, flood & spot lights, stage lighting, recessed, sconces, etc.

Back