Walk Test

rfdesq

Is there any way to put the M1 into walk test mode for 8 hours? I like to shake my systems down before putting them online. Walk test seems to be a good way but it times out after a few minutes.

Change the telephone number's format to disabled. This will keep the M1 from dialing the central station.

You can not lock in the walk test mode for extended times.

I do extended walk tests turning the chime on.

Also, I test my sensors for environmental and pet inmunity by setting them in 24Hr Auxiliary and then disabling the code of the zone in the communicator. Later I can open the log file and see if they were triggered during my absence.

Spanky said:
Change the telephone number's format to disabled. This will keep the M1 from dialing the central station.

You can not lock in the walk test mode for extended times.
But the local alarm will still sound. I just want a log of any zone that tripped while in test mode.

How do people normally test their systems prior to putting them in full monitoring? My concerns are not with ELK but with pet immune PIR's. Unless I can give them a full day shakedown I'm afraid to allow the system to be monitored.

elcano said:
I do extended walk tests turning the chime on.

Also, I test my sensors for environmental and pet inmunity by setting them in 24Hr Auxiliary and then disabling the code of the zone in the communicator. Later I can open the log file and see if they were triggered during my absence.
We were posting at the same time. Let me think about your solution. Thanks.

For even more advance testing I have configured the interior zone as non-alarm and made a rule to email or dial me if the sensor is triggered while the alarm is armed in away mode. This would imply a pet activation. Works for a few sensors, but too complex if you have many. However with this option the log is in your email inbox - you dont have to open the Elk-RP to check. This is best for long term reliability testing. I have used it for 2-3 weeks before activating the zone as an interior burglar.

elcano said:
For even more advance testing I have configured the interior zone as non-alarm and made a rule to email or dial me if the sensor is triggered while the alarm is armed in away mode.
I've been using this same trick to test out some of the pulsors mentioned in another thread. Works great.

Sounds like you and I are on the same page when it comes to testing sensors. It would still be nice to have an extended walk test mode. That way I just tell the M1 to stay on walk test for XX hours, set the animals loose, come back XX hours later and see what zones triggered. A day or two of that extended walk test and I would feel more confidant putting the system in full monitor.

Back