Wallmounted the $250 Fujitsu 3400 remote control

I have three 3500X units (XGA resolution, 500 MHz, 256M RAM) already. I just scored three more on eBay from $150 to $190 each with shipping!

:blink:

gregoryx said:
I have three 3500X units (XGA resolution, 500 MHz, 256M RAM) already. I just scored three more on eBay from $150 to $190 each with shipping!

B)
I guess its sad to see all those Progears dying... guess I am glad I went the Fujitsu route.... my 3400's are working fine.

Been awhile since the old CD changer Nirvis days eh? lol

John

There was another 3500X just last night under $200 still... key seems to be searching outside just the tablet area and keeping the alerts coming for 3500 but without the -s or -r or whatever. It hasn't taken more than a week or two to get them when I've looked.

Yeah... Changers / SlinkE / CDJ / Pronto / HS / IR-repeaters / ridiculous hours to make an HTML-based UI long before today's HTML world... GET OFF THE LAWN! :rolleyes:

Hi all,

This last weekend I started thinking about building a wall mount for one of my 3400s.

After looking at IVB's wall mount pictures, I went to Michael's craft shop and for $10 purchased a nice looking 12"X14" picture frame and wooden storage box with a lid just slightly larger than the 3400s.

The 3400s can fit inside either the box or the lid which is slightly larger than the box.

The frame of the box/lid is made out of 1/4" mahogany and covered with a 1/16" panel.

I plan to reinforce the 1/16" panel with 1/8" Masonite cut to size.

I decided to use the box for a start and cut its depth down such that when the 3400s is laid in the box on 1/4" thick weather stripping mounted on the bottom of the box, the 14"X12" picture frame holds it securely in the box when the frame is attached to the box.

It turns out that the center cut out in the picture frame is 8"X10" and is perfect to display the touch screen without any additional cutting of the frame.

All I have to do now is make cut outs for the power connector and the WiFi card on the right side of the 3400s.

I will shoot some pics as I assemble the case/frame and post a link this week end for anyone who is interested.

Regards,
TCIII

TCIII

Doesnt sound like it can get an easier than that...... I think I will give that a try myself.

Thanks for posting!

Here's the touchscreen I just on-wall mounted. There's an HP thin client in the closet which is directly behind this, and the monitor has audio line-in, so I was able to connect both the video, serial touchscreen, and audio.

This is *definitely* much faster response than the 3400, although given the cumulative cost of the $90 thin client & $200 touchscreen compared to a now $100 3400, I would hope so.

I'll probably sell both my 3400's now for a steal, but i'll wait until after a party @my house on 11/8 in case I decide to set up a "music kiosk".

touchscreen.jpg

touchscreen2.jpg

IVB,
What brand touchscreen did you buy? I have an ELO 15" that I've had for a while and just ordered a PC on Ebay. I plan on installing it this week. I was thinking of getting a thin client, but for one I am not at all familiar with them and I was hoping to make that new/used PC my Audio and video server.

It's a GVision 1JPS that I got off eBay from a private individual.

VESA didn't come with it, that was ~$25 off eBay.

I used the HP thin client that had the mega-group buy over on the CQC forums, was a piece of cake to reflash the XPe image and configure thanks to sic0048 creating simple, step-by-step instructions. Only took 10-15 mins.

Back