Webcontrol acting strange

siafu

Greetings all,

I have an old version of webcontrol  Version: v03.01.03 that's been working well for what I need it, basically turning my outside lights on and off from a photosensor installed outside. Also have it turn on another light based on time. Rencently the analog photosensor input is jumping a lot, I mean like 70 to 140 and back down almost every seond or so, same with the temp sensors that I have hooked to two of the inputs, they fluctuate around 3 to 5 degrees constantly.

I changed the photosensor and temp sensors thinking they went bad, but the problem is still there.

Could it be that the board is finally going?

Thank you for any info.

Did you check the power supply to make sure the power supply is still good?  In the past, we have a few customers had problems and found all caused by power cube failing.

I checked the power supply with a voltmeter and it measures just over 9v.

When I attache the power supply to the web control  and test it under load it measures 7.5 volts, is this normal?

Yes, this sounds normal for an unregulated power supply. If you don't exceed the current rating of the supply the voltage should be at or above the nameplate voltage on the supply you are using. If you think it's dropping to low under load you might get a supply with a higher current rating.

Siafu,

Hope you had chance to replace the faulty power supply. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone!

Hello Smmaxxx and Cai, thank you for the tips. 

I tested another power supply and the board appears to be working correctly now. So it was the power supply that was at fault.

Thanks again for the tip and Happy Holidays.

Back