WEBSET value to ISY99

CAI_Support

In WebControl 3.02.16a/b firmware, there is a feature called WEBSET, that allows to set value to ISY device REST variables.
To use WEBSET feature to set value in ISY, you will need to configure a URL in the Notify Setup screen.
For example, in IP address:port field, enter:
192.168.200.123:80
in URI field, enter:
/rest/vars/set/1/15/
In Virtual host field enter:
AUTHBASIC: YWRtaW46cGFzc3dvcmQg
where "YWRtaW46cGFzc3dvcmQg" is base64 encrypted string for user name and password = admin:password
If your ISY99 user name and password is different, you can encrypt them on this page:
http://www.cainetwor...4-encoding.html

The in your PLC logic, enter this line:
WEBSET URL1 VAR1
when that logic execute, it will set variable 15 in ISY99 to the value of WebControl VAR1.
WebControl 3.02.16a/b user guide is online:
http://www.cainetwor...ide3-02-16b.pdf

If you have WebControl 3.02.16a firmware, we do recommend to send to us for firmware update to 3.02.16b.

Our special thanks to Dr. Lou and UDI for their support for developing this feature. Especially to Dr. Lou for his suggestion and allowing us to test on his ISY99.

Do you have a spare board you can put on a live IP address for people to play with for a while?
It takes 2 weeks for boards to get from you to me, and presumably the same for my old boards to get to you for upgrades, so there's a month.
Even if you want to put it on an unusual port to reduce the chance of it being "scanned", I'd love to play with this before I get my next lot of boards.

Ross,

We can not do that for everyone, but we can for sure to do that for you.
Once we get that setup, we will let you know. What do you want to test, do you have a server that is accessible over the Internet?

We can not do that for everyone, but we can for sure to do that for you.

Thanks. But it might be an interesting/useful addition to your site to let people "play".
A timer on the reset button so it will blow away the config say, once an hour? :)

Once we get that setup, we will let you know. What do you want to test, do you have a server that is accessible over the Internet?

Thanks, and yes, I have dozens of suitable servers scattered around the world.

RossW

Back