What ZigBee devices would get you excited?

How about lamp modules,
appliance modules, - they already make those
and contact closure modules  - they used to make these (what happened?)

I'd like to see in wall receptacles.

X-10, UPB, Zwave, Insteon, etc. have them but I haven't seen ZigBee.

I prefer in wall units vice plug in units for a clean look.
I want to use wall receptacles to expand my mesh without seeing a bunch of wall warts hanging out of the wall everywhere.

az1324 said:
How about lamp modules,
appliance modules, - they already make those
and contact closure modules  - they used to make these (what happened?)
Yep!  Thanks for pointing out that we make lamp/ appliance modules already (that would be ZBMPlug15), az1324

We don't make contact closures for ZigBee per se.  Our ZBLC15 has 2 normally open relays rated 15 A.  We have a whole line of IO devices with contact closure outputs but those are INSTEON.  

Desert_AIP said:
I'd like to see in wall receptacles.

X-10, UPB, Zwave, Insteon, etc. have them but I haven't seen ZigBee.

I prefer in wall units vice plug in units for a clean look.
I want to use wall receptacles to expand my mesh without seeing a bunch of wall warts hanging out of the wall everywhere.
Seems like a lot of people are looking for the in-wall switches and dimmers.  It's on our list...  Thanks for the feedback.

elvisimprsntr said:
What zigbee devices would get me excited, you ask? How about a zigbee controlled margarita maker?

Hah.  ZBMAR coming soon?  If only...  

thechop66 said:
We don't make contact closures for ZigBee per se.  Our ZBLC15 has 2 normally open relays rated 15 A.  We have a whole line of IO devices with contact closure outputs but those are INSTEON.  
I didn't read this entire thread, but just make sure you are not confusing with contact closures for "Inputs";  I.E. for monitoring purposes (a common request for many home automation/security enthusiast).

Hey all,

Thanks so much for all the great feedback!  I'll still monitor the thread and respond as I can.  In the meantime PM me for a discount code good for 5% off anything in our store .  It will be good through the end of February.  Thanks again!

Yes but didn't you used to have zigbee I/O boxes based on JN5148 modules?? Whereas now you only have the sprinkler control.

Back