Where to buy Z-Wave

kimvi said:
Looking to buy some Z-Wave dimmers, plug-in, etc. at a good price.
I have used HomeSeer.com and AutomatedOutlet.com with good results. It is sort of a matter of checking prices and shipping costs. Also, some items may be in stock at one place and not the other. Both are quality web stores. I recommend them both.

I have also used SmartHome.com for some of my Z-Wave purchases. Their selection seems kind of 'half hearted' though. I wonder why? :lol:

Ken

Squintz, thanks for pointing to the dead link. I tried it out and it works. Must have been a temporary thing.

Kimvi, I guess it all depends on how much you want to pay, the look of the devices, usabilities, built-in features, warranties etc. These factors varies from one brand to another.

Is there a preferred manufacturer? Who has the better implementation
Like everything else, you get what you pay for. The more expensive units usually give you greater quality and additional features. I'm not doing zwave at this time, but from my reading, it looks like Leviton Vizia is probably the high end line.

My local Lowes still has the Starter Kits(Leviton-Homesettings) for about $99.00. Thats a pretty good price for that, but the rest of their individual components are priced about retail($40.00 for the Appliance and Lamp Modules etc.).

My local Lowes still has the Starter Kits(Leviton-Homesettings) for about $99.00.
Damn. wish they had that around here. Both local Lowes have zippo zwave, and not a lot of structured wiring stuff.

Back