Whole house audio/video distribution

dingding

I have 11 zones in my house, including 3 HD locations. For those 3 HD locations, I have Runco RS-1100 in the HT, Pioneer PRO-150FD in the family room, Pioneer PRO-150FD in the game room

This is my current A/V equipment configuration:

note: All of the components are located in an equipment room

2 Dish ViP722 DVR
1 HTPC
1 Parasound Halo DVD1
2 Nuvo Grand Concerto

--For the HT (7.1)
1 Parasound Halo C1 controller
1 Paraound A51 Amp
1 Parasound A21 Amp

--For the game room (5.1)
1 Parasound C2 controller
1 Parasound A51 amp

--For the family room (5.1)
1 Parasound C2 controller
1 Parasound A51 amp

I will also have HAI home automation to be installed. Now, here are the questions:
(1)since I have 4 HDMI inputs, and 3 HD outpts, I plan to use Gefen hdmi 4x4 matrix switcher, but I still want the audio go through the Parasound halco controller, so, do I need a separate 4x4 audio switcher to connect the audio from HTPC, DAD, Dish receiver then output to the Parasound controllers?

(2)If that's the case ( need separate HDMI, and audio switcher), and will they work together correctly? I mean, if I have both switchers connect to HAI via RS232, when I use my remote control - MX900 to switch the HDMI input source, will the audio automatically change the same time?

(3)Since the HTPC, Dish receivers, and DVD has S-video output too. Can I use it, and get an extra matrix switcher, then distributing the video/audio to non HD locations?

(4)My HTPC (Win Xp pro, MCE, Mymovie) is in the equipment room (3rd floor), and it is pretty far from my family room (1st floor), and game room (2nd floor). Is there any way I can use wireless keyboard/mouse to access/control the PC?

Thanks in advance

(4)My HTPC (Win Xp pro, MCE, Mymovie) is in the equipment room (3rd floor), and it is pretty far from my family room (1st floor), and game room (2nd floor). Is there any way I can use wireless keyboard/mouse to access/control the PC?
Thanks in advance

I'm not sure how far USB will go over Cat5, but what I've seen is plugging the USB receiver (for the wireless keyboard and mouse) into the PC via Cat5, and then stationing the receiver up where the mouse and keyboard are, instead of down where the PC is. That assumes you have a spare Cat5 cable running along your coax to do that.

Thanks in advance

Belkin makes a nice wireless keyboard and mouse combo that uses RF. There's a base that plugs into the server and you can dock the kayboard into the base for recharging. You can then take the keyboard around the house with you and control the PC via RF. There's a built in mouse on it, along with hotkeys. You can actually program IR signals into it for controlling your other devices.

It's called "Belkin Wireless MediaPilot Keyboard". It's not as fancy as some other solutions, but it was affordable. ($40 on woot.com)

Back