Will this work - Elk Siren Voice

You guys are giving me a lot of good things to think about.

As far as the speed and switching goes, the AudioAccess amps I'm using are powered on a per channel basis via line level input. When the Elk wants to speak, I will have to have the CQC system switch the inputs and couple all of the outputs together. Being serial, there will be some time lag in setting up the Autopatch, not much I hope. Then, any of the amp channels that are not already running will have to power up, that's my main concern over losing the first part of the announcement and my question as to whether I can delay the ELK message with a rule that enables me to setup the Autopatch switchers and perhaps send a dummy signal to the AudioAccess amps to get them powered up.

I will check the impedance on the piezos. I believe they run around 110db, so I'm not sure how many I would need to use. I suppose I could use another channel to switch 12v to them.

Spanky, are you saying I wouldn't need the piezos or horn/bell with those little single gang speakers or are the strictly for voice announcements? Any chance of sneaking us a picture?

I just ordered 24000' of wire, anybody want to be my new best friend :D

Brian

brotsten said:
I've been looking without success for a single gang speaker. Do you remember where you got yours?
Here's the link http://www.madisound.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi....21906&pid=1600

They're not particuarly inexpensive, and while single gang, they need to be in a box by themselves., i.e. wouldn't work in a multi-gang configuration. I mounted mine near the ceiling by themselves. I'll be interested to see what Elk releases next month.

(Wow, I guess I need to peruse the old Elk newsletters. Wish I'd seen that line-level trick a while back)

Spanky said:
ELK has a new 32 ohm speaker mounted to a single gang wall plate which should be available by early February.
Do you have a picture? Are they appropriate for wall or ceiling or both? How could I have more than 8?

Thanks,

Richard

Back